Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Turn off My Magazine / Flipboard

God, those are ****ty apps! Is there a way to uninstall them or at least change it so that when you swipe up from the bottom it doesn't call up Magazine? I would much rather point it to call up Zite or something I will actually read. Or at best, disable that swipe feature altogether. Magazine gets in the way and I call it up on accident constantly. I know these can both be removed by running bloatware removal scripts but I didn't know if there was a way to just change the swipe function. I currently don't have a computer so I can't deal with the bloatware stuff.

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    7,760 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

Default Re: Turn off My Magazine / Flipboard

Quote Originally Posted by Bren Bren1 View Post
    God, those are ****ty apps! Is there a way to uninstall them or at least change it so that when you swipe up from the bottom it doesn't call up Magazine? I would much rather point it to call up Zite or something I will actually read. Or at best, disable that swipe feature altogether. Magazine gets in the way and I call it up on accident constantly. I know these can both be removed by running bloatware removal scripts but I didn't know if there was a way to just change the swipe function. I currently don't have a computer so I can't deal with the bloatware stuff.

1. Open the My Magazine app
    2. Press menu
    3. There is an option to turn it off by hitting the home button
    There is no way to disable the swipe up from the bottom though, unless you install a 3rd party launcher like Nova or Apex
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan

Quote Originally Posted by UJ95x View Post
    1. Open the My Magazine app
    2. Press menu
    3. There is an option to turn it off by hitting the home button
    There is no way to disable the swipe up from the bottom though, unless you install a 3rd party launcher like Nova or Apex
    I'd go with the 3rd party launcher. Made me even forget the thing existed.

Sent by my lady friend, Note 3

Really? I don't like how I accidentally swipe up and cause the Magazine to pop up. But I am liking Flipboard alot.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

ok, so i was wondering if anyone else was having this issue...My Magazine keeps freezing my phone...i keep getting the error message that it not working properly...thinking on reseting my phone and see if this helps but this is an app i can do without...smh

Quote Originally Posted by BrownBeautii View Post
    ok, so i was wondering if anyone else was having this issue...My Magazine keeps freezing my phone...i keep getting the error message that it not working properly...thinking on reseting my phone and see if this helps but this is an app i can do without...smh
    I get this message "unfortunately my magazine-here and now has stopped working" I have only had my phone for 5 days but even when I was in another app that would pop up causing the app I was in to stop responding for a min. I went into the my magazine and on the left side of the screen where you choose what you want to see in it I unchecked here and now.i dont know if this actually made a difference because I also got an update a few hours later for it but fingers crossed so far it has not popped up saying it stopped working since then.

Download this https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...homebuttonfree and set whatever app you want to. You can also have it do nothing or use it as a home button.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

I removed my magazine too.. Annoying and never use it
    Owner of- Galaxy Note 3- Galaxy Note Pro 12.2- Galaxy note 8.0- Galaxy Gear 2

Global Posts
    3 Global Posts

Be careful which launcher though. Many are not optimised for tablets rather than phones. I'm using the SM-P900 UK version and so far I've discovered that ADW and Nova work fine. Apex doesn't - widgets just don't work - and neither does Buzz - it stays in portrait no matter what you do with the screen.

I have Google now launcher on my phone and I wish I can swipe up to get it.... Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Closingracer View Post
    I have Google now launcher on my phone and I wish I can swipe up to get it.... Lol
    Yes, this! I would love to see this as well.

Get titanium backup from play store or Google for full version and un install it or freeze it.. and any other apps u don't want

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by tankdog03 View Post
    Get titanium backup from play store or Google for full version and un install it or freeze it.. and any other apps u don't want

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk
    Root is required in order for Titanium Backup to "freeze" or uninstall an app. A solution that will work, just that it requires root.
    Thanked by: