Replacing "Google voice dialer" with Google Now /search

Crxssroad

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys!

I'm still trying to configure my phone so that it's my ultimate laziness enhancer but there are still quite a few hurdles. One of them being Google Now. In all honesty I love the concept of it and I'm still trying to make it work, but there are so many little details here and there that make it impractical. But, I digress.

What I'm trying to do is, every time I press the mic button on my wired headset to call up Google now, I'm greeted by this:
ugu5apup.jpg

This program does not interest me in the least. It's extremely limited (just calls) and very cumbersome. The strange thing is that this only occurs while the phone is locked /screen off. If I press the headset button while I'm using the phone it immediately brings up Google Now/Search . I'd like to extend this capability to when the screen is off so I can play my music, and send texts or set reminders +much more while my phone is in my pocket. Why? Well apart from the general brilliance of the notion, it's extremely cold outside. I have to wear gloves (still cold even then) and I can't use my phone with my gloves , not to mention how uncomfortable it is to search for anything in my pockets with a glove on. I'd like to avoid this hassle while on the road /walking by being able to use Google now with a touch of a button.

I've already disabled S Voice(because I want to use Google now) but the phone keeps defaulting to Google voice dialer in the conditions described above. I've searched high and low for an answer to no avail so I'm hoping someone here can provide the miracle.

Thank you guys in advance!

Sent by my lady friend, Note 3

PatchyPooPawPrint

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
I have friend who recently left using Apple devices to an HTC One M8. He's experiencing this issue as well, and is really wanting to go back to an iPhone if he can't get this resolved.

I'm all okay for him going back if this phone doesn't fit his needs, but he's going to miss all that Android has to offer...

It works from my Nexus 5, so I feel like it should be possible.

Have you found any resolution to this?

JimSmith94

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
I hate Voice Dialer too. So far the best replacement I've found is Bluetooth Launch from the Play Store for my BT headset. Hopefully you can find something similar for your corded headset.

FBA

Banned
Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
I use it too, but it has issues where is simply reuses the same session as the previous use, and dials the wrong number. There are other issues as well.

There really is no solution to the problem. Google could fix this but obviously has chosen not to as of yet...what poor design.

The only reliable way to get Google now working is to use the Voice Search button each time, not the bluetooth headset button. Really dumb...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech