Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default "Failed to move".

Hey, I have had my Note since around Chrismas and until now I have been really happy with it. I just got a 64gb sandisk ultra micro sd card but I haven't been able to transfer any files over besides apps (using application manager in settings). Every time I tried I was met with the message "failed to move". Contrary to what I just said I did manage to get a couple of mp4 files over after downloading a file manager but afterwards I just continued to get the message.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    20,799 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: "Failed to move".

You may have to reformat the card. I would move everything off of it, and have the device format it for you. Settings>Storage>Format SD card.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Yeah I have done that multiple times I have tried formating and unmounting then mounting it again nothing seems to work.

Global Posts
    8,891 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

Quote Originally Posted by The8BitGamer View Post
    Yeah I have done that multiple times I have tried formating and unmounting then mounting it again nothing seems to work.

That's weird. What if you were to plug the phone into your PC, and put the SD card into the SD slot? Then move them from the phone's internal storage...
    If that doesn't work, it's an issue with the SD card, not the phone

"We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan

I've had a similar problem with the sandisk 64gb ultra cards. Mine wouldn't delete anything on the card and when formatted in phone it formatted but showed card as being full. I ended up getting an expensive official Samsung one from Vodafone store and it's been flawless. So think there might be some compatibility issues.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

If thats the case then Samsung need to somehow spread the news. My micro sd cost $90 dollars and I have no other use for it.

Global Posts
    8,891 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

Quote Originally Posted by The8BitGamer View Post
    If thats the case then Samsung need to somehow spread the news. My micro sd cost $90 dollars and I have no other use for it.

It is a pretty common issue. I have a SanDisk card but it's only class 4. All of the ones I've seen issues with were 10 or higher

"We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan