Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By billkeene
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question samsung might disabled 3rd party s views in android 4.4.2

I read this a few days ago and herd its official. This would mean 90% of S views that we payed for would become useless. Has anyone herd anything if their gonna change this policy

Default Re: samsung might disabled 3rd party s views in android 4.4.2

I haven't heard anything about this before. Where did you read this?
    "The worst foe lies within the self....."
    Get yourself some storage with Dropbox: http://db.tt/hWGiTCa

ROM
    Stock JB 4.1.2

This just popped up.

http://gadgets.ndtv.com/mobiles/news...0?site=classic

Sent via The Big, Bad, Beautiful Note 3
    What?!...I'm msndrstood.

Sent via Note 2

Global Posts
    610 Global Posts

Fairly confirmed now, even tho Sammy is denying it ("A correlation between the Android version 4.4 and the supposed incompatibility of third-party accessories does not exist."), but not really ("The full functionality of our devices and accessories, however, can only be ensured with genuine Samsung components").

Can't we all just get along?

Rooted work-around already established via Xposed. Awesome work!

I have the Spigen slim armor s-view case. This is an infuriating development.
    Seraffin20 likes this.

I have the official S-View case. No worries.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by billkeene View Post
    I read that one user took the chip from a genuine Samsung s view and placed it into the spigen s view and it worked.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

Buy one case to fix another. Ouch. They need to sort this out. Hoping that Samsung rethinks this....

Also a fix out there that requires rooting the phone. Not doing that. Will wait a few days then return the case through Amazon if it comes to that....

Quote Originally Posted by TheMacs View Post
    Fairly confirmed now, even tho Sammy is denying it ("A correlation between the Android version 4.4 and the supposed incompatibility of third-party accessories does not exist."), but not really ("The full functionality of our devices and accessories, however, can only be ensured with genuine Samsung components").

Can't we all just get along?

Rooted work-around already established via Xposed. Awesome work!
    I think they are correct. It's NOT 4.4.2 that broke it. It's TouchWiz! They probably put the code to activate accessories in Touchwiz so when they say it's not 4.4.2, they're not lying. Them bastages!!

I will say this, I heard that this isn't limited to cases. It will be all accessories such as charging cables, wireless charging, Bluetooth, and a slew of others. If this is the case, my relationship with Sammy is over and will have to find a new love.....
    Note 4/ Note 3 / Note 2 / hTc One E8 / Moto X / hTc ONE / LG G3
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Quote Originally Posted by billkeene View Post
    Me to. I just got mine 2 weeks ago. Way tougher than the flimsy Samsung brand one. If this is disabled I loose out the 50 I spent
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

If they follow through with this then I hope they get sued by the 3rd party developers. Samsung didn't set any 3rd party restrictions before releasing their device so changing code to disable all other S views but theirs might land them in a legal situation since companies already spent the money on R&D, manufacturing and customers already bought those cases. So far what I read is its official. I hope their is a way to turn down the update

Unhappy Re: samsung might disabled 3rd party s views in android 4.4.2

I have the same slim armor.. and ever since i updated to 4.4.2, the home button of the armor does not function anymore! Before, i was able to view the info on the small screen even if the case is close just by pressing the home button. but not, i have to press the power button just to use that function. Home button is completely useless..

Yes this is what I did also. Got my spigen slim armor s view and it only worked when it wanted to. So I popped the chip out of my official Sammy s view and installed it in my Spigen and no problems since.

Posted via Android Central App
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

Quote Originally Posted by tlee74 View Post
    Yes this is what I did also. Got my spigen slim armor s view and it only worked when it wanted to. So I popped the chip out of my official Sammy s view and installed it in my Spigen and no problems since.

Posted via Android Central App
    Samsung already made a announcement and fixed this. It works fine on spigen. I just can't delete this forum for some reason

I didn't receive any sort of update to my knowledge but I do know that my Spigen didn't work much at all until I did this.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk