samsung might disabled 3rd party s views in android 4.4.2

Tyler Lietz

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
I read this a few days ago and herd its official. This would mean 90% of S views that we payed for would become useless. Has anyone herd anything if their gonna change this policy

TheMacs

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
Fairly confirmed now, even tho Sammy is denying it ("A correlation between the Android version 4.4 and the supposed incompatibility of third-party accessories does not exist."), but not really ("The full functionality of our devices and accessories, however, can only be ensured with genuine Samsung components").

Can't we all just get along?

Rooted work-around already established via Xposed. Awesome work!

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I have the Spigen slim armor s-view case. This is an infuriating development.

I read that one user took the chip from a genuine Samsung s view and placed it into the spigen s view and it worked.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

billkeene

Jan 18, 2014
Visit site
Also a fix out there that requires rooting the phone. Not doing that. Will wait a few days then return the case through Amazon if it comes to that....

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Fairly confirmed now, even tho Sammy is denying it ("A correlation between the Android version 4.4 and the supposed incompatibility of third-party accessories does not exist."), but not really ("The full functionality of our devices and accessories, however, can only be ensured with genuine Samsung components").

Can't we all just get along?

Rooted work-around already established via Xposed. Awesome work!

I think they are correct. It's NOT 4.4.2 that broke it. It's TouchWiz! They probably put the code to activate accessories in Touchwiz so when they say it's not 4.4.2, they're not lying. Them bastages!!

I will say this, I heard that this isn't limited to cases. It will be all accessories such as charging cables, wireless charging, Bluetooth, and a slew of others. If this is the case, my relationship with Sammy is over and will have to find a new love.....

Tyler Lietz

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
If they follow through with this then I hope they get sued by the 3rd party developers. Samsung didn't set any 3rd party restrictions before releasing their device so changing code to disable all other S views but theirs might land them in a legal situation since companies already spent the money on R&D, manufacturing and customers already bought those cases. So far what I read is its official. I hope their is a way to turn down the update

Seraffin20

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
I have the same slim armor.. and ever since i updated to 4.4.2, the home button of the armor does not function anymore! Before, i was able to view the info on the small screen even if the case is close just by pressing the home button. but not, i have to press the power button just to use that function. Home button is completely useless..

tlee74

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Yes this is what I did also. Got my spigen slim armor s view and it only worked when it wanted to. So I popped the chip out of my official Sammy s view and installed it in my Spigen and no problems since.

Posted via Android Central App

Tyler Lietz

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
Yes this is what I did also. Got my spigen slim armor s view and it only worked when it wanted to. So I popped the chip out of my official Sammy s view and installed it in my Spigen and no problems since.

Posted via Android Central App
Samsung already made a announcement and fixed this. It works fine on spigen. I just can't delete this forum for some reason

tlee74

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I didn't receive any sort of update to my knowledge but I do know that my Spigen didn't work much at all until I did this.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk