WiFi Issues in Note 3

EpicInYourFace

May 24, 2013
Visit site
I just recently bought a Note 3 , and i am starting to experience WiFi issues
I have 2 routers both which are having a problem with my note 3

1st: Cisco E900
Problem: The note 3 connects but internet does not work , it says DNS error but it is working on every other device

2nd : Some random router
Problem: Whenever i try to connect , it connects but it keeps on saying Obtaining Ip address after 5 minutes it gives an error saying that my internet connection is too slow to connect

nayan350

Jan 22, 2014
Visit site
I fixed my problem. I am using connectify in my laptop. But my note 3 shows unstable wifi connection. Then I updated my laptop wifi driver. Then in note 3 I off wifi power saving mode by dialing *#0011#. Then I unchecked all notifications in the wifi advanced menu. That's it.

kevinm1000

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
I am having very similar problems with my Note 3 after updating to Android 4.4.2
I can not connect to a secure wifi with password, the signal is strong however the device keeps trying to connect and eventually "Authentication error Occurred" appears
I can connect through web based wifi in pubs and restaurants but not through this secure connection.
It appears that the password typed into my device is not recognised by the wifi (I am using the correct password)
I have tried the *#0011# to no avail

Nick Talsma

Feb 17, 2014
Visit site
+1 for Nayan's solution, the main issue at hand definitely seems to be tied to the "Power Saving Mode" on the WiFi. I've tried a ton of things suggested by service techs and community members alike and this is the first idea that's done anything to help so far. If you look around, a number of forums are flooded with Note 3 users having this same issue regardless of service provider or router manufacturer and most threads still don't contain a helpful answer, so hopefully this one will bubble up to the developers for Google/Samsung to help isolate the source of the problem. Thanks for posting!

Alain_A

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
I fixed my problem. I am using connectify in my laptop. But my note 3 shows unstable wifi connection. Then I updated my laptop wifi driver. Then in note 3 I off wifi power saving mode by dialing *#0011#. Then I unchecked all notifications in the wifi advanced menu. That's it.

how did you get that???? or find???

Although I never had a problem with my wifi at home. It is good to know

nayan350

Jan 22, 2014
Visit site
I am having very similar problems with my Note 3 after updating to Android 4.4.2
I can not connect to a secure wifi with password, the signal is strong however the device keeps trying to connect and eventually "Authentication error Occurred" appears
I can connect through web based wifi in pubs and restaurants but not through this secure connection.
It appears that the password typed into my device is not recognised by the wifi (I am using the correct password)
I have tried the *#0011# to no avail

Always use update wifi driver in PC and update your router software. When using wifi you should off mobile data network. Also off wifi power save mode by dailing *#0011# then press menu (left button) then see wifi option. That's it.

lattemaker

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
I was having a similar problem so I did what you did and dialed *#0011# and turned off power saving. It worked! I also noticed that for my wifi network it said connected to 802.11n. I have a 802.11ac network, doesn't the note support 802.11ac? Why isn't it connected to that?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using AC Forums mobile app

Alain_A

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site

I was asking how did you know to dial that number??

nayan350

Jan 22, 2014
Visit site
I was having a similar problem so I did what you did and dialed *#0011# and turned off power saving. It worked! I also noticed that for my wifi network it said connected to 802.11n. I have a 802.11ac network, doesn't the note support 802.11ac? Why isn't it connected to that?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using AC Forums mobile app
Note 3 supports Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, DLNA, Wi-Fi Direct, Wi-Fi hotspot. May be something wrong.

Sabah Uddeen

Jun 28, 2014
Visit site
I am having very similar problems with my Note 3 after updating my phone
It appears that the password typed into my device is not recognised by the wifi (I am using the correct password):(

jlh73

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
Mine did the same thing. Tried everything. Finally just got it exchanged. Works perfect now.

Sent from my LG-D950 using AC Forums mobile app

Selvak

Nov 26, 2014
Visit site
Hi i bought Note 3 Neo. Model - SM-N750 4 months before it was nicely working since from the beginning but today when i reached my room mobile internet not connected i checked and done as per your instruction but still its not connecting. If i am going to wifi and type my wifi password its connecting and next 5th second its automatically disconnecting. Need your assistance to resolve this issue. Awaiting your response. Thanks, Selva

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995