Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default WiFi Issues in Note 3

    I just recently bought a Note 3 , and i am starting to experience WiFi issues
    I have 2 routers both which are having a problem with my note 3

    1st: Cisco E900
    Problem: The note 3 connects but internet does not work , it says DNS error but it is working on every other device

    2nd : Some random router
    Problem: Whenever i try to connect , it connects but it keeps on saying Obtaining Ip address after 5 minutes it gives an error saying that my internet connection is too slow to connect
  2. #2  

    Default Re: WiFi Issues in Note 3

    I fixed my problem. I am using connectify in my laptop. But my note 3 shows unstable wifi connection. Then I updated my laptop wifi driver. Then in note 3 I off wifi power saving mode by dialing *#0011#. Then I unchecked all notifications in the wifi advanced menu. That's it.
  3. #3  

    Default Re: WiFi Issues in Note 3

    When you go to the 0011 menu uncheck power saving mode

    Sent from my SM-N9005 using AC Forums mobile app
  4. #4  

    Default Re: WiFi Issues in Note 3

    I am having very similar problems with my Note 3 after updating to Android 4.4.2
    I can not connect to a secure wifi with password, the signal is strong however the device keeps trying to connect and eventually "Authentication error Occurred" appears
    I can connect through web based wifi in pubs and restaurants but not through this secure connection.
    It appears that the password typed into my device is not recognised by the wifi (I am using the correct password)
    I have tried the *#0011# to no avail
  5. #5  

    Thumbs up Re: WiFi Issues in Note 3

    +1 for Nayan's solution, the main issue at hand definitely seems to be tied to the "Power Saving Mode" on the WiFi. I've tried a ton of things suggested by service techs and community members alike and this is the first idea that's done anything to help so far. If you look around, a number of forums are flooded with Note 3 users having this same issue regardless of service provider or router manufacturer and most threads still don't contain a helpful answer, so hopefully this one will bubble up to the developers for Google/Samsung to help isolate the source of the problem. Thanks for posting!
    Thanked by:
  6. #6  

    Default Re: WiFi Issues in Note 3

    Quote Originally Posted by nayan350 View Post
    I fixed my problem. I am using connectify in my laptop. But my note 3 shows unstable wifi connection. Then I updated my laptop wifi driver. Then in note 3 I off wifi power saving mode by dialing *#0011#. Then I unchecked all notifications in the wifi advanced menu. That's it.

    how did you get that???? or find???

    Although I never had a problem with my wifi at home. It is good to know
  7. #7  

    Default Re: WiFi Issues in Note 3

    Quote Originally Posted by Alain_A View Post
    how did you get that???? or find???

    Although I never had a problem with my wifi at home. It is good to know
    It is connectify software. It turns my laptop to wifi hotspot.
  8. #8  

    Default Re: WiFi Issues in Note 3

    Quote Originally Posted by kevinm1000 View Post
    I am having very similar problems with my Note 3 after updating to Android 4.4.2
    I can not connect to a secure wifi with password, the signal is strong however the device keeps trying to connect and eventually "Authentication error Occurred" appears
    I can connect through web based wifi in pubs and restaurants but not through this secure connection.
    It appears that the password typed into my device is not recognised by the wifi (I am using the correct password)
    I have tried the *#0011# to no avail
    Always use update wifi driver in PC and update your router software. When using wifi you should off mobile data network. Also off wifi power save mode by dailing *#0011# then press menu (left button) then see wifi option. That's it.
  9. #9  

    Default Re: WiFi Issues in Note 3

    I was having a similar problem so I did what you did and dialed *#0011# and turned off power saving. It worked! I also noticed that for my wifi network it said connected to 802.11n. I have a 802.11ac network, doesn't the note support 802.11ac? Why isn't it connected to that?

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using AC Forums mobile app
  10. #10  

    Default Re: WiFi Issues in Note 3

    Quote Originally Posted by nayan350 View Post
    I fixed my problem. I am using connectify in my laptop. But my note 3 shows unstable wifi connection. Then I updated my laptop wifi driver. Then in note 3 I off wifi power saving mode by dialing *#0011#. Then I unchecked all notifications in the wifi advanced menu. That's it.
    I was asking how did you know to dial that number??
  11. #11  

    Default Re: WiFi Issues in Note 3

    Quote Originally Posted by Alain_A View Post
    I was asking how did you know to dial that number??
    I faced this wifi problem in my note 3. Then I did lots of search in Google. And found it. Now No problem.
    Thanked by:
  12. #12  

    Default Re: WiFi Issues in Note 3

    Quote Originally Posted by lattemaker View Post
    I was having a similar problem so I did what you did and dialed *#0011# and turned off power saving. It worked! I also noticed that for my wifi network it said connected to 802.11n. I have a 802.11ac network, doesn't the note support 802.11ac? Why isn't it connected to that?

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using AC Forums mobile app
    Note 3 supports Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, DLNA, Wi-Fi Direct, Wi-Fi hotspot. May be something wrong.
  13. #13  

    Default Re: WiFi Issues in Note 3

    Quote Originally Posted by nayan350 View Post
    Note 3 supports Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, DLNA, Wi-Fi Direct, Wi-Fi hotspot. May be something wrong.
    So why isn't it connecting via 802.11ac? I'm kind of a nob to this stuff.
  14. #14  

    Default Re: WiFi Issues in Note 3

    Quote Originally Posted by lattemaker View Post
    So why isn't it connecting via 802.11ac? I'm kind of a nob to this stuff.
    May be something wrong. I don't know. Use others. Thanks
  15. #15  

    Default Re: WiFi Issues in Note 3

    Who can help me , what is the problem with this phone , WIFI couldn't open , I tried update , tried restart... help !!!
    WiFi Issues in Note 3-20140217201212_-.png
  16. #16  

    Default Re: WiFi Issues in Note 3

    Turn off bluetooth and see if the wifi issues gets solved.. this worked for me. .

    Posted via Android Central App

Similar Threads

  1. samsung might disabled 3rd party s views in android 4.4.2
    By Tyler Lietz in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 03-17-2014, 04:22 AM
  2. Wifi works great, but sometimes connects to a neighbors wifi.
    By kmcdonald22 in forum Samsung Galaxy S3
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-26-2014, 08:46 PM
  3. Wifi Popup Notification
    By sitaqui in forum Android 4.1 / 4.2 / 4.3 Jelly Bean
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-26-2014, 03:08 PM
  4. HTC One stuck in BootLoop and won't enter recovery ! please help
    By Dhaval Shah3 in forum HTC One Rooting, ROMs & Hacks
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-25-2014, 02:36 PM
  5. turn on USB debugging in recovery mode
    By Farsheed Shastri in forum Android 4.1 / 4.2 / 4.3 Jelly Bean
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-24-2014, 11:02 AM

Posting Permissions

B