When I had a Crapple, Itunes backed up all my folders and screen arrangements so, that made switching from the Iphone 4 to the Iphone 5 easier. Now that I have my apps all organized in folders for my Note 3, I would like to back them up so, in the event I get another device, I do not have to do it all over again.

Does an app exist for this type of need?

Thanks
    01-24-2014 11:25 AM
    Try Go Backup. Not sure it will (I don't use it), but should get you started.

I do use Nova Launcher, which does this. You may want to give it a try.

There are several more options available if your rooted.
    tech_fan likes this.
    01-24-2014 11:50 AM
    Yeah I need to learn to root but unfortunately, I do not. I had to replace the phone once and had to redo all the arrangements.
    01-24-2014 11:53 AM
    Use Nova Prime and use it's backup facility.

Sent from my SM-N9005
    tech_fan likes this.
    01-24-2014 01:00 PM
    Im wondering the same thing.

I tried using Kies but it seems to keep crashing on both of my macs and in a vm on one of my macs as well. It seemed like a good competitor for iTunes but it doesnt work worth a crap.

I know there is titanium backup and nandroid. Those are for rooted phones. I think there is gobackup too.

Anyone with any luck with those apps and a quick how to?

Thanks
    01-31-2014 08:15 AM
    Im wondering the same thing.

I tried using Kies but it seems to keep crashing on both of my macs and in a vm on one of my macs as well. It seemed like a good competitor for iTunes but it doesnt work worth a crap.

I know there is titanium backup and nandroid. Those are for rooted phones. I think there is gobackup too.

Anyone with any luck with those apps and a quick how to?

Thanks
    I have a Mac and PC. I downloaded the Kies 3 app for my PC and it goes way faster than the Mac version. I also bought MyBackup Pro from the Play Store and that seems to cover my bases. I back mine up to the cloud.
    01-31-2014 09:30 AM
    Cool

So I guess its worth the 5 bucks.

I dont own peecees anymore...so guess thats out...what a shame I cant use kies on my mac...like I said it just crashes or hangs forever. Sometimes it gets 1/2 way through and hangs until I kill it.

You ever use titanium pro?
    01-31-2014 10:23 AM
    Titanium Pro is highly respected and recommended. Pretty sure you need to be rooted to take full advantage. The basic (free) version is ok, but the paid version unlocks a great number of great features.

Carbon is another excellent choice. I think you can use this unrooted, but need a PC. With root, no need for a PC. And unrooted, I think you're in for more work. Everything has a price. :-)

Regardless of your method/app, I encourage syncing to a cloud site (Box, Dropbox, Drive, etc.)

Good luck.
    01-31-2014 11:43 AM