Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By LiamC01
  • 2 Post By z06mike
  • 1 Post By anon8380037
  • 1 Post By z06mike
  • 1 Post By Jelly Belly
  • 1 Post By LiamC01
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Note 3: Front Facing Camera Question?

Hi, I'm new here! I'm also new to the Note 3 and got it just a week ago, best phone I've ever had!

Here's the thing, everytime I switch on my front facing camera it automatically goes to beauty face mode. Is it supposed to do this? I haven't changed any defaults regarding the camera options and I really don't like the beauty face mode, even if I turn the effect down to 0, it still goes back up to 3.

Is there a way to stop the camera from going to beauty face mode automatically? I'm trying to get a hang of the camera and it's kinda annoying having to switch it back to auto mode everytime I want to use it.

Thanks!
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 01-24-2014 at 12:22 PM.
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: Front Facing Camera Question?

Thanks for the reply but even when I set it to a different mode, for example best photo, it still goes back to beauty face when I exit and re-open the app.
    BMWBig6 likes this.

Default Re: Note 3: Front Facing Camera Question?

You can turn it off by tapping the icon after you switch to the front facing camera or you can select modes to choose from other modes on the rear camera.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

I would assume that Samsung left that as the default since 90% of people who turn their front cam on are to take selfies. They're trying to make your face as purrrdy as possible 😁

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
    LiamC01 and rob367 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by z06mike View Post
    I would assume that Samsung left that as the default since 90% of people who turn their front cam on are to take selfies. They're trying to make your face as purrrdy as possible 😁

How come my selfies make me look bald, miserable and pig ugly then if it's on beauty mode.

What are Samsung trying to say?

(I can't HANDLE the truth!)

Posted on my N9005 via Android Central App
    I know nothing. Caution: I can edit and delete for no reason.
    sarkycow likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Madd54 View Post
    How come my selfies make me look bald, miserable and pig ugly then if it's on beauty mode.

This made me laugh out loud!

Posted via Android Central App
    Thanked by:

Hahahhaah, you have to change it to sexy mode!
    anon8380037 likes this.

Beauty mode has it limits. It's done its best

Try turning it off and see how much worse you look.
    anon8380037 likes this.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Quote Originally Posted by z06mike View Post
    I would assume that Samsung left that as the default since 90% of people who turn their front cam on are to take selfies. They're trying to make your face as purrrdy as possible ��

Beauty mode actually makes my selfies look worse, who would've thought?
    anon8380037 likes this.

I remembered this thread.

I am actually trying to take a first self-portrait (some don't like 'selfie').

Seriously, which mode works best, especially if you want to print some off for a work id or something, like suited and booted?

I can't tell by looking at the screen before snapping, and my pc screen has blown.

And what does this slider do, I think it's only in beauty mode? I can't see any difference beforehand.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk Pro

The slider is the degree of "beautification" they add. Zero being none and five being most. To me it makes my face look plastic but it may depend on things like skin color and shape of facial features. Anyway I don't use the beauty mode.

For a work picture I would really recommend using the back camera to get a better photo. If you don't have someone else there to take it, you can stand in front of a mirror so that you can see the screen in the mirror to tell if your face is centered correctly in the lens.
    Thanked by:

Yes. An idea, it's a better camera. Trying to think if I want to cut it down to passport size if it's better from a high resolution or the lowest resolution. Low res I think. I'll experiment with a printer tomorrow. Thanks.