issues with samsung micro sdxc uhs-1 pro card

galaxynote3user42

Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
Hi recently brought a samsung
Micro sdxc 64gb uhs-1 pro card.
Installed it into my note 3 formatted the card reads about 62 gb of free memory.
Downloaded some films onto the card l converted that I used to play on my old galaxy s2 but they wouldnt play.
Intalled the same film on the phone memory instead of the card and played fine.
Also when I plug the memory card into the pc and format it it only reads 30 gb of memory any body got
any ideas?

Posted via Android Central App

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
Re: issues with samsung micro sdxc uhs-1 pro card

I can almost attest that the card is bad.. I had one of those cheap fake 64gb class 10 cards, and had problems with it, even before I got my Note 3. They have a lot of fakes out there. Since then, I have got two Sandisk 64gb class 10 micro sd cards and put them in my Note 3 and Note 2014. Formatted each one in the device they are in. Proceeded to put all my movies, pictures and music.. They work flawlessly. Get another sd card, format it in the device and yoiu should be good to go.

EDIT. I just noticed that you stated you DOWNLOADED some movies.. If that is the case, that might be the problem. I don't mess with that downloaded stuff, they have too much crap in them, and may or maynot work when you copy them. I take my purchased DVDS and CDS and convert and copy them to my Notes, that works. IMO, with downloaded media, there are too mnay tricks and turns for me.

mavrrick

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
First make sure it is formatted in exFat file system. NTFS and FAT32 are not good for removable flash storage over 32GB.

I would check to make sure it is legit. Something isn't adding up. My 64GB SanDisk card shows 59.xxGB when formatted. It has worked great since day 1

Posted via Android Central App on my Note 3

galaxynote3user42

Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
I ment I downloaded them from my pc
They were converted from my dvd collection
They all worked fine on my s2.
Got the card from ebay
Samsung brand looks legit
Packaging etc. The way I see if a memory card states 64g then it should be 64g weather its in a phone or in my pc I would of thought..
When I first installed it into my phone and fomatted it tried to put music on etc. Put it back in the pc and files etc on it were in symbols nothing made sense

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Got the card from ebay
Packaging etc. The way I see if a memory card states 64g then it should be 64g weather its in a phone or in my pc I would of thought..
When I first installed it into my phone and fomatted it tried to put music on etc. Put it back in the pc and files etc on it were in symbols nothing made sense

Then the SD card is corrupted. Put it into your PC and run chkdsk to try and fix it.
The first step in this post will show you how in case you don't already know
http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=135231

mavrrick

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Got the card from ebay

The shown capacity size difference is because of how the capacity is calculated.

Most drive manufactures use a base 10 system. So 64GB would mean 64,000,000,000 bytes. When most Operating systems calculate the size using the binary method of 2^10. With binary 1KB=1024 Bytes and 1MB=1024 Bytes. As you move larger and larger the difference from the two standards grows.

With the above math a also GB card would show a size of =59.6046447754GB

Found this article to explain it http://knowledge.seagate.com/articles/en_US/FAQ/194563en

This is the way it had been for decades unfortunately

But if your is showing a different capacity then something is wrong.

mavrrick

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I should point out that my math is based on exactly 64 billion bytes. That number is likely not exactly hit Spot on. So there could be slight variation based on tech to reach that number. But should be relatively close.

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
Then the SD card is corrupted. Put it into your PC and run chkdsk to try and fix it.
The first step in this post will show you how in case you don't already know
"Damaged SD Card"....(this is how I recoverd my data) - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com

Yup, that worked on my wife 16gb micro sd card too.
She was filled up, couldn't copy anything off card, a last ditch effort, I did a cmd, at the dos prompt "chkdsk H:"... After that, was able to copy all files off the card and formatted it correctly.

Also, there are a lot of FAKE 64gb cards out there too. Here is one for sure, they are on Ebay and Amazon..

Amazon.com: 64GB class 10 Micro SD Memory Card with free SD Adapter: Computers & Accessories

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12