Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Do you guys keep wanting to buy more accessories for the Note 3?

Hey

Curious to see if other owners have the same obsession as me

I had iPhone all my life and never bought many accessories for it. Got a boring case and car charger for it and called it a day and never wanted to buy more.

But when I got my Note 3 a few months ago, been obsessed with buying more and more things. Have gotten 7 cases so far, a few chargers, 64 gb micro SD card, now looking at the wireless charger, looking at the larger battery pack, new headphones, and the list goes on and on

Is it because the Note 3 is so customizable or something else? And who else has been bitten by the bug?

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 01-27-2014 at 02:45 AM.
    Thanked by 3:
    VDub2174, Gator352 and Madd54 like this.

Global Posts
    13,890 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Default Re: Do you guys keep wanting to buy more for the Note 3?

Quote Originally Posted by mchi5 View Post
    Hey

I had iPhone all my life and never bought many accessories for it. Got a boring case and car charger for it and called it a day and never wanted to buy more.

But when I got my Note 3 a few months ago, been obsessed with buying more and more things. Have gotten 7 cases so far, a few chargers, 64 gb micro SD card, now looking at the wireless charger, looking at the larger battery pack, new headphones, and the list goes on and on

Is it because the Note 3 is so customizable or something else? And who else has been bitten by the bug?

Don't have a Note 3, but it sounds like you are really enjoying the device!

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu 'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
    Thanked by 2:

If you can afford all the kit, you can afford therapy.

Seriously I wouldn't mind knowing what different accessories are out there. Like a list.
    Amazon will list some but not all.
    **Yes I should look at AC's online store.**

I think there is a dedicated car holder, if it works. It's already a great in-car Sat Nav, and not just with Google Maps.

I guess the Note 3 will be out of vogue in another 6 months or so. It will be replaced by something of a different size.
    I never had an iPhone but weren't they mostly the same size, and you could use your accessories on the upgrade model? I don't know.

I'm not going to be spending much at present; but some unusual finds would be interesting.
    Last edited by Madd54; 01-26-2014 at 09:22 PM.
    I am
    Thanked by:
    mchi5 
    UJ95x likes this.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by Golfdriver97 View Post
    Don't have a Note 3, but it sounds like you are really enjoying the device!
    I sure am. So much better than my iPhone 5 ever was!!

5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by Madd54 View Post
    If you can afford all the kit, you can afford therapy.

Seriously I wouldn't mind knowing what different accessories are out there. Like a list.
    Amazon will list a some but not all.
    **Yes I should look at AC's online store.**

I think there is a dedicated car holder, if it works. It's already a great in-car Sat Nav, and not just with Google Maps.

I guess the Note 3 will be out of vogue in another 6 months or so. It will be replaced by something of a different size.
    I never had an iPhone but weren't they mostly the same size, and you could use your accessories on the upgrade model? I don't know.

I'm not going to be spending much at present; but some unusual finds would be interesting.
    Yeah all iPhone are the same size. IPhone 5, 5c,and 5S all 4 inches

I agree. Would love to see all the stuff available for the Note 3

Thanked by:
    Madd54 

Hey

I have never bought a case for any of my previous phones. I have however bought four cases for my Note 3. You may have something there.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:
    mchi5 
    FBA

Global Posts
    2,067 Global Posts

Hey

7 cases is a bit excessive. I think you may need therapy.
    Converted lifetime BlackBerry user, now on Samsung Note 3...
    Bye bye Blackberry, forever.
    Madd54 likes this.

When I first got the Note2 I like you went crazy and bought everything under the sun. Now with my Note3 I only bought the Samsung flip window case.

That's it and I love it

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
    Madd54 likes this.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Quote Originally Posted by FBA View Post
    7 cases is a bit excessive. I think you may need therapy.
    Well I couldn't find the one I liked until I got the Trident cyclops. This one is a keeper

Hey if you gots the means )

Thanked by:
    Madd54 likes this.

Yes. I have 2 cases. A spare battery and 3 dust plugs with dangling jewelry (don't ask, it's a girly thing)!

Sent From My Samsung Note 3 using Tapatalk
    Thanked by 2:
    Madd54mchi5 
    Gator352 likes this.

I loved my note 3 so much that I bought another note 3 so the two of them can play together

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro
    Thanked by 2:
    mchi5OTACORB 
    Madd54 likes this.

I'm the same! never bought a case or anything for my iPhone 4 & 5 just screen and back protectors but for My note 3 I've bought the s view case and a couple others a 64gb SD card and going to buy the extra battery kit & more cases if I see any that I like haha. It must be something to do with how customisable it is because we were used to the plain boring iOS.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using AC Forums mobile app
    Thanked by:
    mchi5 

I have an s view cover and now thinking about buying the wireless cover for it too. Plus a charger for my car
    Owner of- Galaxy Note 3- Galaxy Note Pro 12.2- Galaxy note 8.0- Galaxy Gear
    Thanked by:
    mchi5 
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

Quote Originally Posted by dpham00 View Post
    I loved my note 3 so much that I bought another note 3 so the two of them can play together

Have they made little note 3 babies yet? )

msndrstood likes this.

Have they made little note 3 babies yet? )

I think that one of my note 3 's is pregnant. In 9 months or so there should be a note 3 jr(aka note 4)

I don't have as many cases as some here, but I do have a few. I am using an Otterbox commuter case now which isn't in the picture.

Do you guys keep wanting to buy more accessories for the Note 3?-uploadfromtaptalk1390827946925.jpg

Thanked by:
    mchi5 

Default Re: Do you guys keep wanting to buy more accessories for the Note 3?

Mobile fun have an accessory kit for 20...You get a charger, case, car stand, desk stand and a screen cover.
    Owner of- Galaxy Note 3- Galaxy Note Pro 12.2- Galaxy note 8.0- Galaxy Gear
    Thanked by:
    mchi5 

I used to buy lots of accessories for my previous Samsung phones but due to their lack of support and a new device every 3 months, I only have 2 cases for my Note 3. I'm done. Still pretty salty about my Note 10.1 stuck on 4.1. I only have one case for that. Glad I didn't go crazy.

I am Aquaman!
    Madd54 likes this.

I have 9 different cases,, always switch,, 5 batteries,, charging dock, temperd glass screen protector,, love it.

THE BEAST,,NOTE 3. SIZE IS EVERYTHING!!!
    love my evo.
    Thanked by:
    mchi5 

I used to buy all the accessories I could, but then after doing that for the past several phones, once you've moved to a different phone you're like, "What the hell was I thinking buying all this stuff?" Granted, I have 3 different cases for the Note. But I'm much more cautious about buying em now.
    Thanked by:
    mchi5 
    Madd54 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by JellyBeanGurl View Post
    dust plugs...
    Man oh man, I totally read that wrong! Eyes popped out and all. 😊

Quote Originally Posted by dpham00 View Post

I don't have as many cases as some here, but I do have a few. I am using an Otterbox commuter case now which isn't in the picture.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1390827946925.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	148.0 KB 
ID:	102289
    I have that last one. Never use it though. Doesn't quite fit right and the back gets greasy and slippery.

Gotta go find me a jeweled dust plug now though!!

... sent from the road
    Thanked by:

Makes it very easy to sell the phone for the price you want. Next October when I sell this with all the accessories it will sell fast.. Did same thing with my note 2. Only lasted on eBay for 45 mins.

THE BEAST,,NOTE 3. SIZE IS EVERYTHING!!!
    love my evo.

Quote Originally Posted by TXGTOU View Post
    I used to buy all the accessories I could, but then after doing that for the past several phones, once you've moved to a different phone you're like, "What the hell was I thinking buying all this stuff?" Granted, I have 3 different cases for the Note. But I'm much more cautious about buying em now.
    I'm starting to get this way as well.
    When I had the iPhones and everywhere I went there's accessories for them, I would buy and buy and buy. Fortunately iPhones are easy to sell as well as their accessories.

This time I'm much more disciplined. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by KiwiGrrl View Post
    Man oh man, I totally read that wrong! Eyes popped out and all. 😊

I have that last one. Never use it though. Doesn't quite fit right and the back gets greasy and slippery.

Gotta go find me a jeweled dust plug now though!!

... sent from the road
    I didn't like it either. Probably worse case of the bunch. Caseology Sent a replacement, with the same ill fitting defect. They did send me a refund and let me keep the ill fitting cases though.

Where can guys get dust plugs without dangling jewelry? Always worried about rain 💧 getting into nooks and crannies...

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by MissouriFarmer View Post
    Where can guys get dust plugs without dangling jewelry? Always worried about rain 💧 getting into nooks and crannies...

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app
    Etsy. Ebay. Amazon.
    Plenty of them. Avoid cheap ones from China. They won't last very long!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast