Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Big photo gallery issues- need help

I am having issues. I have been seeing more of the little black boxes saying my photos won't open. See below

It looks like I lost a bunch of pics and videos that were important to me. The only thing that I can think may be causing this is the sim card. I had my photos saving directly to the 64 GB card.

I have also been having issues with importing the pictures as well. some that are visible on the phone are not readable on my computer.

I have changed the storage for the pictures back to the phone to see if it helps. Any other thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated. Also can I somehow restore the videos that are not working.

Default Re: Big photo gallery issues- need help

This may not help you with your predicament right now, but...

Starting now you should G+ or Dropbox to keep your photos backed up. You can set Google+ to only upload while charging (i.e overnight if you plug it while you sleep) and to only use Wi-Fi, if you don't have unlimited data.

For now I would try a reboot of the phone and see if it helps. If not, pull the card and see if you can still see the pictures on the computer. If all else fails, download Recuva to see if you can save any of the missing/deleted/erased files.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thanks for the reply and the suggestion for saving.

The tried rebooting and removed and reinstalled the card with no luck. I will try the card in my computer when I get home .

I think the problem is the phone saving the pictures to the card. I find when I take a lot of pictures and go back to look the gallery shows that a picture was taken with the black box but say cannot display the file.

I like having the 64 Gb card for the pictures but it looks like I will have to manually transfer the files to it.

Is it a generic 64gb card?
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

No its a Samsung brand. I bought it off eBay. It looks real. My wife has the same card in her S4 with no issues.

I had this same problem with my photos. I tried another sd card (both were 64gb) and the same thing happened all over again. The cards seemed to save the camera photos fine until I imported photos from my old phone onto my sd card. After that the problem you are experiencing would start for me.

Infuriated me as I take a lot of photos. I set up Dropbox to upload a copy of my photos so that at least I will have a copy of them somewhere. I also have photobucket set up to do the same thing.

I now have a 32gb sim card in which hasn't caused any problems, but for fear of the problem happening again I have not put my photos from my old phone on this sim card.

Hope this info helps a little, I certainly sympathize!

Sarks.

Posted via Android Central App
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Thanks for the replys. I take pictures for work and personal and it always seams like the pictures I really need or want are the ones that don't work. I have switch the default storage to the phone memory and everything seam to be working as it should. I will try this for a while and see what happens. My plan is to save to the phone and as it fill up move the pics and vids to the external memory card, once I have them backed up of course. I will report back if this seams to stop my problems.