Samsung Note 3 Kitkat Update issue N9000 Exynos

Nirmal G

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Few issues I could notice after updating Kitkat: (Note I am using Original S-View from Samsung & my model is N9000 Exynos)

Message content preview in notification bar is gone, could see only 'New Message' text.
Same SMS preview in S-View has been removed.
Touch sense and accuracy has reduced significantly, could notice it visibly in the lock screen.
While opening the S-View flip it takes longer time to enable the screen.
Negligible delay could be noticed when switching between full screen mode to S-View mode while closing the flip.
Two finger pull down of detailed notification fails some times.

Regards,
Nirmal

vpblaze

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Have you checked to see if the option to preview message in notification bar is still there? It may have just been reset to off.

Sent from my ballin Tab 3 using Tapatalk

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Have you cleared your phone's cache after the update? Sometimes it helps iron out the wrinkles left after an update (Go into recovery mode, select Clear Cache, reboot).

As for the SMS, I'd check what the previous poster said... Samsung has a bad habit of resetting some switches after an app has been updated.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Have you cleared your phone's cache after the update? Sometimes it helps iron out the wrinkles left after an update (Go into recovery mode, select Clear Cache, reboot).

As for the SMS, I'd check what the previous poster said... Samsung has a bad habit of resetting some switches after an app has been updated.

I bet Sammy does this on purpose to make you scream "WTF!" while you're peeing your pants....

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
A famous friend once told me: You wanna be on top? Have everyone talking about you. Good or bad, it doesn't matter, but your fame dies if they don't talk about you anymore.

I guess they're following that route.

Nirmal G

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Yes you are right the notification was turned off it works fine now, thanks, as far as touch issues and sview delay yes I did clear the cache after upgrade it did not help.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21