Galaxy note 3 wired remote headset

tamere22

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

Do you know why note 3 doesn't recognize long press on volume + and volume - to skip songs ?
I also tried headset droid monitor, and it show the press on the main button, but not the press on vol+ and vol- buttons of the official headset kit.

How can I get that to work? I just hate bluetooth for many reasons (battery, signals, interferences, ...) I just like a WIRE with a REMOTE to control my phone's music.

I loved the nokia remote with about 7 different buttons on it!! And it was a cable extender so I could connect any headphones to it !! But this doesn't exist on android device it's so damn sad.
How something so simple and so efficient could be ignored in new phones... :( :(

Now I want something like this : Headphone Adapter With Remote AND MIC Extension Cable FOR Samsung Note 2 N7100 | eBay
Do you think it would work with note 3 ?

And you, what wired headset with remote do you use ?

Thanks for help guys

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
It's weird all carriers did not provide headsets. I have sprint and the headset that came with the phone has all the buttons on it and they work. Pause, forward, back,, has the mic.. Try and get a pair of them if they are available somewhere.

THE BEAST,,NOTE 3. SIZE IS EVERYTHING!!!

ballisticn8

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
Something that should have been implemented info Android os a long time ago. I too prefer a wired headset in certain situations. I think Apple and Nokia have certain patents locked down for that, not sure though.

sent from my thumbs...

tamere22

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
It's weird all carriers did not provide headsets. I have sprint and the headset that came with the phone has all the buttons on it and they work. Pause, forward, back,, has the mic.. Try and get a pair of them if they are available somewhere.

I had a headset with my note 3, it has central button and vol+/vol- and mic input, but no forward back as you mentionned. Do you have a picture ?
Maybe your talking about vol+/vol- buttons long press but for my phone long press just put volume to its maximum or minimum, no music track change. Headset droid monitor don't show the presses on vol+/vol- buttons but show presses on central button.

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I had a headset with my note 3, it has central button and vol+/vol- and mic input, but no forward back as you mentionned. Do you have a picture ?
Maybe your talking about vol+/vol- buttons long press but for my phone long press just put volume to its maximum or minimum, no music track change. Headset droid monitor don't show the presses on vol+/vol- buttons but show presses on central button.

Nice catch,, I just looked,, your right.. I don't use These but have tried them once or twice. I am use to my blutetooh headphones which have the forward /back skip buttons..

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463