How do S-View Covers Work?

kentuc794

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
The case has a magnet in lower half of the front and has a chip on the back of the case. I have attached a picture showing where the magnet is located.
muru5uqy.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

mchi5

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Ah now that's cool. I assume the chip has to be in the back of the case to work?

Yeah. I believe the case will replace your stock back cover. So many people who get the case says it doesn't add any extra weight.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I like the case except one thing,,, I have 9 cases and this is the only case I can't use my bed side charging dock with .. I had the case on for 30 mins, took it off and put it back in the box., bummer.

THE BEAST,,NOTE 3. SIZE IS EVERYTHING!!!

DocGo

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
I had the S-view case that also enables wireless charging. I have tried many other cases but always go back to this one. I totally love the convenience of wireless charging.

thegame161

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
I had the S-view case that also enables wireless charging. I have tried many other cases but always go back to this one. I totally love the convenience of wireless charging.

How do you find the thickness on the wireless s view cover?

superairwolf

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
Man, I almost purchased this tonight. Really wanted to. The case looks slick and doesn't add much weight or heft to the phone. And the S View window access is really fantastic.

But as I expected, typing on the phone is just impossible, unless you fold the front cover all the way behind the phone. Do that dozens of time every day and I doubt if the case will not show tears on the spine's top and bottom edges after some time. And for the price of this case, that'd be a damn shame.

Unless others who've had it for months now can confirm that theirs are still pristine and without tears even after hundreds or thousands of times of folding the cover all the way back, I might revisit this case again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

shanghaichica

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
Man, I almost purchased this tonight. Really wanted to. The case looks slick and doesn't add much weight or heft to the phone. And the S View window access is really fantastic.

But as I expected, typing on the phone is just impossible, unless you fold the front cover all the way behind the phone. Do that dozens of time every day and I doubt if the case will not show tears on the spine's top and bottom edges after some time. And for the price of this case, that'd be a damn shame.

Unless others who've had it for months now can confirm that theirs are still pristine and without tears even after hundreds or thousands of times of folding the cover all the way back, I might revisit this case again.

I don't know about the Note 3's S-view case, but I had one for my S4. I used to fold it back all the time to do things. It's still in good condition 5 months on. I gave the phone to my Boyfriend and he is using the case. It still looks pretty good. The Note S view cover looks and feels a lot more premium than the Note's so I expect it to last longer.

kentuc794

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site

My case has been on since December and it is folded back a lot and still looks new. The only issue I have is when it is folded back for awhile the cover does not like to close. So I set the phone face down and it will relax after a couple of mins.

superairwolf

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
My case has been on since December and it is folded back a lot and still looks new. The only issue I have is when it is folded back for awhile the cover does not like to close. So I set the phone face down and it will relax after a couple of mins.

Yes, this is the other thing I anticipated, but I'm more concerned on the potential tearing of the top and bottom edge of the spine area from all the stress of folding the front cover all the way back every time you need to type on the phone.

So how's yours holding up? No tears so far?

Appreciate your feedback as it looks like I won't be able to resist purchasing this thing for the s view functionality.

kentuc794

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Not even a crease or mark from folding it back. When I am in the car I fold the cover back and put the phone in my car mount.

superairwolf

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
Not even a crease or mark from folding it back. When I am in the car I fold the cover back and put the phone in my car mount.

Thanks, man. That settles it then, I'm going back tomorrow and am going to purchase it.

PrinceEpyon

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site
Pushing power button turns the Window on for like 10 secs then goes to sleep again. Or hut the button a second time to turn it off sooner.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using AC Forums mobile app

vpblaze

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
For anyone thinking about picking up the Samsung S View, I would recommend getting the Spigen magnetic clip as well.
For the first few weeks I had the S View it drove me nuts that the cover wouldn't stay closed when I put my Note down. With the clip on, the problem no longer exists. And I find that it actually adds to the case as well.

Scribbled on my Note 3 and then translated into readable words using Tapatalk

PrinceEpyon

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site
For anyone thinking about picking up the Samsung S View, I would recommend getting the Spigen magnetic clip as well.
For the first few weeks I had the S View it drove me nuts that the cover wouldn't stay closed when I put my Note down. With the clip on, the problem no longer exists. And I find that it actually adds to the case as well.

Scribbled on my Note 3 and then translated into readable words using Tapatalk

I'm looking into one of these as I only just bought the case yesterday. I think eventually it will break in but a bit painful at first.
Anyone know the best place to get this clip in Australia or am I going to have to rely online?

JRDroid

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I ordered a knock-off S-View off of Ebay today for $6.50. They have all the colors Samsung offers, have the magnet, the chip, and full S-View capabilities. Even reviews saying that people had it working on 4.4.2. I'll let everyone know how it is once I get it (I bought from a reseller in California instead of China direct, costs $1-$1.50 more, but shipping is much faster). From all the pictures it looks identical to the Samsung covers (which I have handled and will compare quality with).

- - - Updated - - -

How do you activate the screen ? Do you always have to open the case then close it ? Or can you hit the power button ? Or does it respond to movement ?

Power button or open and close. If it responded to movement (the way Moto X active notifications do) that would be an awesome addition.

vpblaze

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
I'm looking into one of these as I only just bought the case yesterday. I think eventually it will break in but a bit painful at first.
Anyone know the best place to get this clip in Australia or am I going to have to rely online?

I have only seen them available online. Check out Amazon or the Spigen site directly. Even after a while, without the clip, the case will not fully close on its on. The clip is a must. Keeps it closed all the time.

Sent from my ballin Tab 3 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc