Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By scottwood2
  • 1 Post By qualifyordie
  • 1 Post By Madd54
  • 1 Post By kj11
  • 1 Post By Domineque Taylor
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default surround shot on camera

Anyone think its bad? it takes at least 3 min turning around to take all the pictures yet it doesn't come out right.

Global Posts
    735 Global Posts

Default Re: surround shot on camera

It does take forever, but you don't need to do the entire sphere. I've used it twice and both came out pretty good actually. You just have to take your time

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Yathani View Post
    Anyone think its bad? it takes at least 3 min turning around to take all the pictures yet it doesn't come out right.
    Coming straight from the cave dwelling era, I thought it was pretty good. Depends what you were expecting.
    I have mine a short while.

I could rotate it around on a computer screen. I don't know how long it took to rotate the 3 times I've used it, I just figured the slower the better. If it EVER stops raining this year I can use it more.

There are probably better 360 phone cameras out there, but I don't mind if its not the best.

(I don't yet know if you can upload it to someone to give the same effect.)

Posted on my N9005 via Android Central App

I tried it and I thought it was pretty cool. I did it very quickly so it was far from perfect but I thought it was a cool way to show a 360 view.
    Madd54 likes this.

It's pretty amazing imo.
    Does a great job, and is great for sharing experiences and places with others.
    Unfortunately you have to send them to Google + to view it.
    Also makes for a nice wallpaper, works with photosphere live wallpaper apps too but gets dizzying!
    Thanked by:
    Madd54 
    Madd54 likes this.

I got it wrong.
    I was talking about panorama mode earlier. I found that other spherical mode today. Anyone else get them mixed up? kj11 knew what I think the OP meant.

Posted on my N9005 via Android Central App
    Last edited by Madd54; 02-01-2014 at 11:48 AM.
    kj11 likes this.

Global Posts
    735 Global Posts

Yep, 2 different things, panorama is great and easy to use. Surround shot has a higher degree of difficulty, but good results if you have 5 minutes to invest in taking a picture

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app
    Thanked by:
    Madd54 
    Madd54 likes this.

I have been using it more and more because I travel and want people to get a full picture of what I'm experiencing. I found out it doesn't work well if your in a very close space but if you have a good distance from you then all the phones come out great. I just want to know where I can put these photos at online so others can view it in the 360 view like i can on my phone.
    Madd54 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Domineque Taylor View Post
    I have been using it more and more because I travel and want people to get a full picture of what I'm experiencing. I found out it doesn't work well if your in a very close space but if you have a good distance from you then all the phones come out great. I just want to know where I can put these photos at online so others can view it in the 360 view like i can on my phone.
    Hi and welcome to Android Central.

Well I haven't sent any to another phone. As said you might need to use Google +, I don't use this.

One tip I can give - I copy all my pics to a pc and I had found I could load a surround shot with FS Viewer (my long time viewer), and when you left click and hold, you can swivel the shot in all directions, so it views really well on a large pc screen.

I have just now found I cannot do that with any Windows image viewer, it appears as a flat shot.

So I am not sure surround shots will email intact, I think they will, but I'm sure the recipient can view it as intended with the right photo viewer like FS Viewer, or a Mac equivalent.

I have to add that I later discovered there are two ways to view your surround shot on the phone, in case some have not discovered this.

As well as touching the globe icon where it starts a motorised type circular view; touch the pause icon and you can move the screen manually in all directions using the gyro sensors, and moving your feet it seems you are back in the same spot. Well I think that's Hyper Cool anyhow!

I learned other cheaper phones like the Nexus 5 and even the Moto G also have a Surround mode.

Say hi when you feel like it in Introductions - Android Central Lounge.