Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 8 of 8
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By TheMacs
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    rajnet's Avatar

    Posts
    101 Posts
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts

    Default Note 3: Battery Woes....

    I am down to 5% in 6 hours with moderate usage. Any way to check rogue apps? Device is also getting heated up.

    Posted via Android Central App
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 01-30-2014 at 11:39 AM.
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Battery Woes....

    Quote Originally Posted by rajnet View Post
    I am down to 5% in 6 hours with moderate usage. Any way to check rogue apps? Device is also getting heated up.

    Posted via Android Central App
    Go into settings and check your battery status that will give you a good idea which apps are using the most power and some tips - turn off auto sync , turn down the brightness on your screen and log out of apps like Facebook/twitter ...

    sent from my Nexus 7 using tapatalk pro..
  3. #3  

    Default Re: Battery Woes....

    Quote Originally Posted by xceeder View Post
    Go into settings and check your battery status that will give you a good idea which apps are using the most power and some tips - turn off auto sync , turn down the brightness on your screen and log out of apps like Facebook/twitter ...

    sent from my Nexus 7 using tapatalk pro..
    I heard the Facebook app is notorious for draining our batteries. However I leave my on anyways )

    Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk
    Thanked by:
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Battery Woes....

    Quote Originally Posted by mchi5 View Post
    I heard the Facebook app is notorious for draining our batteries. However I leave my on anyways )

    Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk
    That's probably why your battery is draining so fast lol

    sent from my Nexus 7 using tapatalk pro..
  5. #5  
    TheMacs's Avatar

    Posts
    469 Posts
    Global Posts
    610 Global Posts

    Default Re: Battery Woes....

    Reboot. Power down the device, pull the battery, replace, power on.

    9 times out of 10 (more than this really) this works. Unless your a power user (rooted, non-stock ROMs, overclocking, etc.) who's pushed your Note.
    Thanked by:
    rajnet 
    msndrstood and rajnet like this.
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Note 3: Battery Woes....

    Yup Facebook will drain it for sure!
    If I don't use the Facebook app, I get almost 7 hours of battery time. If I use the Facebook app, I'll get 5-6 hours. Stinks!!

    Sent From My Samsung Note 3 using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:
    rajnet 
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  
    rajnet's Avatar

    Posts
    101 Posts
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts

    Default Re: Note 3: Battery Woes....

    Thanks everyone will try all options.

    Posted via Android Central App
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Note 3: Battery Woes....

    Download gsam battery monitor and see what is killing the battery. That is waaayyyy too fast for the battery to be dying, unless the screen was on 100% of the time.

    Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Similar Threads

  1. Note 3: S View cover drained battery??
    By shastrich2005 in forum Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 07-24-2014, 09:40 AM
  2. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-30-2014, 07:07 PM
  3. Samsung Galaxy S2 - Chargers draining battery fast
    By Toadybum in forum Bell Galaxy S II
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-30-2014, 12:09 PM
  4. Facebook notifications causing significant battery drain.
    By Ray999 in forum Android 4.4 KitKat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-30-2014, 12:56 AM
  5. Battery Problem
    By DaviPeixoto in forum Moto X (2013)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-29-2014, 04:54 PM

Posting Permissions