SD card problem

Iso10

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
I have another trouble with my new phone whenever I try to delete any stuff from my SD card It doesn't delete it instead either it says deleted but then I find it there or it doesn't try to delete it all , I don't Know what to do and I really want these files gone because they are eating up a lot of Space

Posted via Android Central App

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
Have you tried formatting the SD card? Just put the files you want to keep on your PC and then format the whole thing.

Crxssroad

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
What kind of files are they? There's a chance you have an app that's recreating them after you delete them.

Sent by my lady friend, Note 3

Iso10

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
Figured out what is wrong .. The sd card is write protected .. I am trying to figure out how to remove it

Iso10

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
Done with this problem .. I returned the sd card to my old phone and formatted it there

JlWright

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
I had the same problem....couldn't delete anything. Put the card in my computer and removed protection and deleted what I wanted and now my gn3 does not recognize the card at all. Next step I guess is to move everything off of the card, format it and put the files back. Not sure how the write protection was added, I've used the card since the day I bought my phone with no problems. Not sure what to do next if that doesn't work....

JlWright

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
Yes...I can now delete and install to the sd card. I wasn't even able to open Polaris office docs previously that didn't have read only protection on them....it now permits me to make and save changes