Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Almeuit
  • 1 Post By Amir
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Do you still use touchwiz?

I personally can't get on with launchers and actually do enjoy touchwiz as I love the features the S pen comes with and with a launcher those features are no longer available. how about you?

do you like touchwiz as I know alot don't like it.
    Owner of- Galaxy Note 3- Galaxy Note Pro 12.2- Galaxy note 8.0- Galaxy Gear 2

Default Re: Do you still use touchwiz?

I don't mind TW, but I flashed a custom ROM that doesn't have TW on it.
    "The worst foe lies within the self....."
    Get yourself some storage with Dropbox: http://db.tt/hWGiTCa

I hate too many options. So picking a new launcher would make my head hurt. I gave 2 a try on my S2.

That said if I saw a screen that I really liked and could go straight for it I'd be tempted. I am not going to go through 400 posts on that sticky thread.

Someone could open a chain of stores to match bespoke layouts to the customer. A thought.

Posted on my N9005 via Android Central App
    I know nothing.

I happen to like TW and what it offers. I don't love it, but then again I don't love any launcher.
    Note 3 / Note 2 / S4 / Moto X / hTc ONE / LG G2

Touch Wiz is a pretty decent launcher, though I don't have it on my current phone. Maybe I should change that.

Global Posts
    8,228 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

I don't mind TouchWiz all that much in terms of looks, but performance isn't the best. I flashed a stock Android ROM and don't plan on going back. I do miss the TouchWiz camera though; it blows all other apps out of the water in terms of quality

Posted via Android Central App
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan

I'm personally okay with TouchWiz. I've done alternative launchers but they take away certain abilities or widgets that TouchWiz offers.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

I personally use Nova Launcher Prime.

Nothing against Touchwiz I just like how Nova displays.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
    ladyc0524 likes this.

I still use it, I've yet to try out any other launchers as it's working just fine for me.

I tried nova, Buzz, Go lauchers and every time come back to TW. Now I am TW for quite a while and its just feels better.

Which features are not available with other launchers??

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

I think Touchwiz is an excellent skin because it offers a vast options in everything.

For example ,
    -Safari on my iPad offers just a reader mode but Galaxy S4's browser offers reader mode + night mode option.
    -I can see the lyrics which I embedded in my audio files using TW music player but remaining players are balls , they miss this feature.My good old iPod Touch supports it.
    -Multiwindow
    -Gestures like flip down to silence or direct call etc.

The small features like that , add up to awesome user experience in everyday usage for me personally.I don't mind ugly design as long as they offer good functionality.

What features of the S Pen do you loose when using a launcher? I'm using Nova Launcher Prime and haven't noticed any S Pen or any other Features not working please let me know I'll have to stop using Nova if I'm missing some important features? Thanks

Sent from my SM-N9005 using AC Forums mobile app
    Thanked by 2:

I am using nova launcher. Multi window working, s pen features working. That all I use 😛

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:
    JordanN9005 likes this.

I use Go Launcher a lot and the S pen works just fine.

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    214 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Still use TW. I have purchased several launchers but I've been too lazy to use them.

N3 via AC App

HTC EVO 4G (cracked screen) > HTC EVO3D (eventual insurance replacement)
    Asus Eee Pad Transformer - 16gb
    Asus Eee Pad Transformer Dock

I can't think of a single thing I can't do using Nova Prime that I can do on Touchwiz. As for embedded lyrics using the Samsung audio player - well that doesn't make up for the actual reduction in sound quality when compared with Poweramp, never mind Neutron. Still, if there's something I've missed feel free to correct me.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Solrighal View Post
    I can't think of a single thing I can't do using Nova Prime that I can do on Touchwiz. As for embedded lyrics using the Samsung audio player - well that doesn't make up for the actual reduction in sound quality when compared with Poweramp, never mind Neutron. Still, if there's something I've missed feel free to correct me.
    Samsung calendar widget. Otherwise I'd use Nova full time. I've tried countless calendar widgets and IHMO nothing comes close to the stock TW one. I rely on my calendar quite a bit.

That's a good point. I have pretty much nothing going on in my life right now so I didn't know there's problems with the calendar. I assume you mean S-Planner? I see what you mean. Is there nothing else available which fulfils the same need?

Sent from my SM-N9005

I just wish TW allowed you to have 5 icons across on a page and 5 down like the other launchers...other than that...it works great

Google Experience Launcher is my choice

I personally don't mind TW and never had any real issues. However I have now flashed kitkat 4.4.2 firmware and rooted with X-Note 8 rom and Apex launcher and boy is it smooth. So would I revert back you know the Answer .....

Posted via Android Central with my 4.4.2 kitkat Note 3 & X-Note 8 rom.

Quote Originally Posted by openwheelracing View Post
    Google Experience Launcher is my choice
    I can't find it on the Google play store?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk