unlocked phone with no mobile data with att

chiwon

Feb 1, 2014
Visit site
I purchased an unlocked phone with a att Sim card. Phone works fine but the mobile data does not work. Unless I'm on wifi, I can not get internet or email. Can anyone help?

Crxssroad

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
Try making a call and see if it connects. Mine has no mobile data unless I place a call so I'm wondering if anyone else is having this issue.

Sent by my lady friend, Note 3

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Over here (UK) , most networks/carriers will send you their data settings, or you can install them manually from their site. I have done it a few times having spare phones and cheap sims, but its been a year. I forget the terminology. VPN settings? . Leave it on for a while, I can try find more info.

Posted on my N9005 via Android Central App

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Haha. That's what first hits you: you guys better answer this or else... More likely genuinely accidental of course, an interrupted connection or the like. :)

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Anon8154066

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
Haha Yeh no doubt accidental but when I first came on it was just a single post hence why I thought it was down to impatience lol

Oh and Madd54 I'm in the UK also and if you would like 4.4.2 kitkat it is available or you can wait and grab it OTA if your not keen on trying to flash it lol

Posted via Android Central App

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Ok. You think it will be soon OTA then. I don't flash (well I did but I can't use the local parks anymore) - and I don't mind waiting.
Tbh I haven't looked into it much. I did look forward to JB 4.1 from ICS on a GS2 as that was my first Android.

I'm unlocked with a short time left on a Talkmobile contract, using Vodafone nw. Hopefully I will preferably get it via Kies early. I check regularly on the phone.
I presume it's a big download.
Thanks.

UPDATE: I caught your new thread so no reply needed. Sounds good. I will definitely stick with TW for now but I see you can speak and tweak Android. Regards.

Anon8154066

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
Not sure how long it will take will be down to carrier eg Vodafone, ee, 02 etc. That said it won't be to far away I presume ;-)

Yeh it's relatively painless and easy to flash.

1) Download Kies 3

2) Download Odin 3.09

3) Download 4.4.2 Poland firmware for SM-N9005

4) Get into download mode-Turn off phone power, home volume down- then hit volume up to get into download.

5) connect you phone to pc run odin, place the firmware in AP make sure it's ticked and also bootloader update.

6) Hit start it will flash and enjoy :)

Yeh sounds like a few stages but it's relatively straight forward.

Posted via Android Central App

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Flash means install, of course! Talkmobile took six months with 4.1.2. I might take a look at that when I get back home tomorrow. Doesn't seem too bad.
Appreciate it. Good night.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Did you use the correct apn?

My friend got the tmobile Note 3 for use with the family mobile plan (tmobile mvno). The apn was set to tmo 4GLTE (fast . T-Mobile. Com). No data at all. I had to manually change it to the mvno apn (epc. T-Mobile. Com).

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar