How about a better name than phablet?

anon8488674

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
Can anyone think of a better name for the type of your Note 3 better than Phablet? (Yuck!)

Via Galaxy Note 3 Monster phone

Last edited:

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
I think the Samsung Mega 6.3, though lower spec, has just a sufficiently larger screen while being manageable and even more has full landscape icon mode - deserves the phablet moniker. Ditto Sony's Ultra 6.4.

I don't think the GN3 is now ultra large but has sufficient hi-res screen 'real estate' to multifunction, screen write and multi-window.

I think Samsung should now create the long term marketing name of a 'Notephone'.
They started it, widened its ability and appeal, and it will be due a 4th iteration this year.

(Do you think I can get royalties if they do. The idea is now officially on AC!)

Posted on my N9005 via Android Central App

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Depends on the type of bar. ;-)

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Indeed.
I was going to add 'unless all the client?le wore sleeveless black leather' in which case you'll get a whole bunch of new admirers' - but I figured I was already skating on thin ice. :)

Posted on my N9005 via Android Central App

Anon8154066

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
Just don't use phablet and simply replace with im buying a Samsung Note 3 or im buying the Xperia x ultra. Why do you have to put a title on size lol

Oh and Madd54 have you decided to flash the 4.4.2 firmware?

Posted via Android Central App

Crxssroad

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
Why don't you just call it what it is?

A note.

A Phone. A Tablet. A Note in between.

Doesn't that sound just perfect?

Sent by my lady friend, Note 3

Carlo Villa

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
Samsung never calls it phablet. That name was created by some I diot. I never call it phablet. I call it phone :)

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Fr0gburp3r

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
Its a category name for the device. Just like car, truck, van, etc. If you call your vehicle by it's model name every time you refer to it, people will look at you funny. Embrace it. You have a phablet.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Its a category name for the device. Just like car, truck, van, etc. If you call your vehicle by it's model name every time you refer to it, people will look at you funny. Embrace it. You have a phablet.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

I think that was the point of the OP though that I for one didn't address. It's a non-word that has been used too much and is disliked by Android fans, especially for the GN3. I'd agree.
Only way is to start using another word or avoid using this one. Or write to the review sites and tell them to stop it. Enough is enough. It's a large whatchamacallit.

Last edited: