Why so much hate for Touchwiz?

leolion399

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
I am looking to install my 1st rom on my note 2(7100) this is my first android device(was iOS user).is Xnote a good rom and does Spen work and how's the battery life?any help would be much appreciated-thanks,and I'm loving my Andriod experience.but touch wiz is so laggy with random reboots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I am looking to install my 1st rom on my note 2(7100) this is my first android device(was iOS user).is Xnote a good rom and does Spen work and how's the battery life?any help would be much appreciated-thanks,and I'm loving my Andriod experience.but touch wiz is so laggy with random reboots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If the ROM is AOSP based then you will lose the SPen feature.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

vikingraid

Apr 3, 2014
Visit site
people like myself that wants to use a phone for its features doesn't give a crap about touchwiz. It works fine as a phone. Ever see us throwing hate at stock android?

anon24860

May 19, 2010
Visit site
people like myself that wants to use a phone for its features doesn't give a crap about touchwiz. It works fine as a phone. Ever see us throwing hate at stock android?

No, just throwing hate at something else.

I would think that you wouldn't care one way or the other if that's your attitude.

PS, I can take TW or leave it. I've left it but could take it if I had to. I don't have to. Now I can cram more icons onto the page because I'm a packrat and I'm not big on the artwork on most icons so, the smaller the better. There are other tweaks that I like that 3rd party launchers give. I felt the same way about Blur as well, so it's not an antipathy towards TW just because it's Samsung. I still have a TW ROM, so I obviously like some things about it.

I just don't really care if people like it or hate it. That's what makes a horserace.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

MissouriFarmer

Oct 30, 2013
Visit site
I just don't get it. .. I like it. It does not slow down my beautiful note 3

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Don't hate it at all. The important thing (for myself) is not having to go through the learning curve again and again. I recently bought my wife a Samsung smart phone only because I could help her learn to use it from my existing knowledge of Touch Whiz.
I have better things to do than learning a completely new interface every year or so.

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

Nader Salem

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
It's simple really.
1) It today's society - esp in North America - saying you "don't like" something has become equated with "hating" it. Actually "dislike" and "hate have become interchangeable, even though they mean pretty different things.
2) Everyone loves to look down on something or someone, or simply to complain about some product because its popular to do so - therefore "hating Touchwiz" has become cool to do, similar to how some people "hate Apple".

Is TouchWiz perfect? Nope - nothing is. Does it suit some people's needs? Sure - look at the success of the Galaxy lineup. They've sold millions and millions of the things and they all have TouchWiz. However, a vast majority of users don't know that they can change launchers and (almost) eliminate the "ugly look" it has. The most vocal ones who complain are ones like you and me who browse forums as part of daily (or weekly) routine. Most people just use it and don't think twice about it. They either don't know (or don't care) about the options to change it or whatever.

Do I LIKE TouchWiz? I think it's a little to in-your-face visually, and I think they could really re-write the code to make it more efficient (and eliminate some of the "features" they keep throwing in). But that's just opinion - its not enough to keep me from buying a Samsung device. I'll buy a device as a whole based on how it fits my needs/wants. Not just ignore a great phone because everyone else thinks I should - based on software.

At the end of the day, there's only one person who has to use the phone on a day-to-day basis. You. If YOU like TouchWiz, great - keep using it. If not - great, change it up. (Replace the launcher, or buy a device from a different manufacturer, or root and ROM it, or...). Who cares what someone else's opinion is of what you find works for you? If it works, good. If it doesn't, find a solution. All that matters is that the device meets YOUR needs - not the opinion of some person hiding behind a screen-name and a keyboard.

:)

I completely agree with you

Posted via Android Central App

shanghaichica

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
I think it's become popular to slag off touch wiz these days.

I don't mind it myself, well actually I like it. However I appreciate that we all like different things, so instead of moaning about it on forums why don't people just change their launchers.

Posted from my galaxy note 3

shanghaichica

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
It's simple really.
1) It today's society - esp in North America - saying you "don't like" something has become equated with "hating" it. Actually "dislike" and "hate have become interchangeable, even though they mean pretty different things.
2) Everyone loves to look down on something or someone, or simply to complain about some product because its popular to do so - therefore "hating Touchwiz" has become cool to do, similar to how some people "hate Apple".

Is TouchWiz perfect? Nope - nothing is. Does it suit some people's needs? Sure - look at the success of the Galaxy lineup. They've sold millions and millions of the things and they all have TouchWiz. However, a vast majority of users don't know that they can change launchers and (almost) eliminate the "ugly look" it has. The most vocal ones who complain are ones like you and me who browse forums as part of daily (or weekly) routine. Most people just use it and don't think twice about it. They either don't know (or don't care) about the options to change it or whatever.

Do I LIKE TouchWiz? I think it's a little to in-your-face visually, and I think they could really re-write the code to make it more efficient (and eliminate some of the "features" they keep throwing in). But that's just opinion - its not enough to keep me from buying a Samsung device. I'll buy a device as a whole based on how it fits my needs/wants. Not just ignore a great phone because everyone else thinks I should - based on software.

At the end of the day, there's only one person who has to use the phone on a day-to-day basis. You. If YOU like TouchWiz, great - keep using it. If not - great, change it up. (Replace the launcher, or buy a device from a different manufacturer, or root and ROM it, or...). Who cares what someone else's opinion is of what you find works for you? If it works, good. If it doesn't, find a solution. All that matters is that the device meets YOUR needs - not the opinion of some person hiding behind a screen-name and a keyboard.

:)

Yeah I understand that maybe the average user doesn't know that they can change the launcher or even root their device. However the problem I have is with the tech journalists who know damn well that you can change things up yet they still moan about touchwiz and fail to educate their readers on what they can do if they don't like it.

Posted from my galaxy note 3

machzk

Mar 31, 2014
Visit site
Looks are subjective. Some like it some don't. I think Touch Wiz is a bit ugly. Hey, some think the Google Experience Launcher is ugly...

Sent from my Moto X...

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I Like touchwiz personally and like Stock android as well for different reasons.. Beauty of android is if you don't like it slap another launcher on it and call it a day. No need to complain about touchwiz

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I Like touchwiz personally and like Stock android as well for different reasons.. Beauty of android is if you don't like it slap another launcher on it and call it a day. No need to complain about touchwiz

It uses up a LOT of resources even if you slap a launcher on top as I have

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay