Sorry for the question but how do you shoot 4K video with a Note 3?

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Turn the camera on with the icon. Touch the gear wheel / settings twice, touch the 2nd / video tab. Move it from the (I think) default HD 1920 x 1080 resolution setting to the 4K resolution of 3480 x 2160. Touch the video icon to record. Maybe select to save to SD card if preferable to you.

Posted on my N9005 via Android Central App

Iosnation

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Turn the camera on with the icon. Touch the gear wheel / settings twice, touch the 2nd / video tab. Move it from the (I think) default HD 1920 x 1080 resolution setting to the 4K resolution of 3480 x 2160. Touch the video icon to record. Maybe select to save to SD card if preferable to you.

Posted on my N9005 via Android Central App
I don't have that option on a N9000 (no LTE)

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Oh OK. I was surprised no one answered before me.
I remember seeing some variations had no 4K.
Maybe someone can assist you, I am a 5 week noobie in London.
Some proper tech guys or Ambassadors can give you better advice, but if the hardware is not there I would be interested myself.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Iosnation

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Oh OK. I was surprised no one answered before me.
I remember seeing some variations had no 4K.
Maybe someone can assist you, I am a 5 week noobie in London.
Some proper tech guys or Ambassadors can give you better advice, but if the hardware is not there I would be interested myself.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
OK, now I'm making another thread to talk to some guys who know a lot about the Note 3.

Anon8154066

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
The 4k feature is only available on the snapdragon varient, those with any other it's a case of hard luck and no joy lol

Posted via Android Central App

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
OK, now I'm making another thread to talk to some guys who know a lot about the Note 3.
OK sure. :(

- - - Updated - - -

The 4k feature is only available on the snapdragon varient, those with any other it's a case of hard luck and no joy lol

I was sure many US N900- variants had 4k and they're quad-core. The grey market N9000 available on eBay UK to unsuspecting buyers I think do not and are 3g, but I haven't looked in a while.

Re the flash - thanks. I just got home but I don't think I will do it for a while. A lot of personal stuff in the air at present. AC is an escape! I haven't fixed my new avatar yet!

I may get down to it late one night though. I may need to ask you more. I'd figure it out but what is meant by AP (place the firmware in..)

I will let you know if done. Thanks.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site

- - - Updated - - -

I was sure many US N900- variants had 4k and they're quad-core. The grey market N9000 available on eBay UK to unsuspecting buyers I think do not and are 3g, but I haven't looked in a while.

Re the flash - thanks. I just got home but I don't think I will do it for a while. A lot of personal stuff in the air at present. AC is an escape! I haven't fixed my new avatar yet!

I may get down to it late one night though. I may need to ask you more. I'd figure it out but what is meant by AP (place the firmware in..)

All of the US variants are LTE capable and Qualcomm based. That's why they have 4K.
The 3G based and other non-Qualcomm phones don't have this option, only 1080p.

Anon8154066

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site

- - - Updated - - -

To madd54 -The AP not sure what it stands for however when you open odin 3.09 you will see what I mean. And if you do decide there is myself and many others here on AC and there is XDA developers that can guide you through the process of flashing the new firmware.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech