Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By UJ95x
  • 1 Post By Anon8154066
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Is it okay to flash a software update from another country on the Samsung Galaxy Note 3?

Hello, I just wanna ask if is it bad to flash Android 4.4.2 from Poland (official) and I am from the Philippines? And also when I put a pin code on my phone, the 'PQRS' 'WXYZ' don't seem to fit. The S and Z in particular. Please help.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using AC Forums mobile app
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Is it okay to flash a software update from another country on the Samsung Galaxy Note 3?-1391481384837.jpg  

Global Posts
    5,581 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.2 Build 3

Default Re: Is it okay to flash a software update from another country on the Samsung Galaxy Note 3?

Yes, it's a bad idea to do that as it could possibly brick the phone.
    Only flash firmwares made for your exact model number, and if flashing any ROMs make sure to do the same. I would even stay away from ported ROMs

Sent from my SGH-M919 using AC Forums mobile app
    Everything in this post is 100% accurate...I think

R.I.P. Motorola...and what could have been the best smartphone line ever
    ffejjj likes this.

Global Posts
    13,914 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Default Re: Is it okay to flash a software update from another country on the Samsung Galaxy Note 3?

I am highly inclined to agree with UJ95x.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu 'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by UJ95x View Post
    Only flash firmwares made for your exact model number, and if flashing any ROMs make sure to do the same. I would even stay away from ported ROMs

Is there anyway i could go back to jellybean 4.3? Or should i stay already with the flashed kitkat?

Posted via Android Central App
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by UJ95x View Post

By the way, will I still receive any updates by Samsung with the flashed Kitkat?

Posted via Android Central App

The Poland kitkat firmware is specifically for the international versions SM-N9005. And no you can't go back to using JB. As I have flashed the official and not the leaked I would be inclined to say yes for the official build and no to the leaked in regards to OTA updates.

----------------------------------

Big Bang Theory Rules and that was typed using my thumbs and my Note 3 on 4.4.2 kitkat & X-Note 8 Rom.
    UJ95x likes this.