Is it okay to flash a software update from another country on the Samsung Galaxy Note 3?
Hello, I just wanna ask if is it bad to flash Android 4.4.2 from Poland (official) and I am from the Philippines? And also when I put a pin code on my phone, the 'PQRS' 'WXYZ' don't seem to fit. The S and Z in particular. Please help.
Sent from my SM-N9005 using AC Forums mobile app
- 02-03-2014, 09:06 PM #2
Re: Is it okay to flash a software update from another country on the Samsung Galaxy Note 3?
Yes, it's a bad idea to do that as it could possibly brick the phone.
Only flash firmwares made for your exact model number, and if flashing any ROMs make sure to do the same. I would even stay away from ported ROMs
Sent from my SGH-M919 using AC Forums mobile app
- 02-03-2014, 09:51 PM #3
- 02-04-2014, 04:32 AM #6
- 341 Posts
The Poland kitkat firmware is specifically for the international versions SM-N9005. And no you can't go back to using JB. As I have flashed the official and not the leaked I would be inclined to say yes for the official build and no to the leaked in regards to OTA updates.
Big Bang Theory Rules and that was typed using my thumbs and my Note 3 on 4.4.2 kitkat & X-Note 8 Rom.
- By writkeeper in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 17Last Post: 02-01-2016, 04:39 PM
- By Julian Uribe in forum HTC One Rooting, ROMs & HacksReplies: 28Last Post: 01-05-2016, 01:56 PM
- By rorobynbyn in forum LG G Pad 8.3 Google Play editionReplies: 8Last Post: 02-11-2014, 07:47 PM
- By Ry in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 6Last Post: 02-04-2014, 12:47 PM
- By droidenvy in forum Verizon Galaxy Note 2Replies: 0Last Post: 02-03-2014, 08:00 PM