Disable screen mirroring on Galaxy Note 3

eefone

Feb 4, 2014
Visit site
Hi

Im having a slight problem. I cant seem to disable Screen Mirroring i go to the settings to disable it.
But when i do it keeps coming back on no matter what.

So how do i go about to disable it?

Thanks in advance

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Screen Mirroring is ALWAYS off unless you turn it on. And guess how you turn it on? By going into the "Screen Mirroring" setting (I know, Sammy does make some stupid UI choices sometimes...OK, a lot...). If you notice, that's about the only setting that doesn't have a switch on the main page but does once you go into it. So, if you go into Screen Mirroring, it will automatically turn itself on. If you flip the switch and turn it off, it stays that way, but when you go in again to 'check', it turns itself back on. But don't worry, it's off if you flipped the switch.

BarryConner

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
I had disabled it on mine, but it came back on it's own. The icon reappeared shortly after I allowed an update to install. The update wasn't specific to screen mirroring -- just a recommended update for the phone. Not sure whether the update did it. None of my other settings reverted to their defaults. It doesn't seem to be particularly reliable or secure.

lterry913

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
If it was a preinstalled samsung app update it probably turned it on ...if you don't use the app the uninstall it or go to manage apps under menu and turn the app off...then do not reinstall or update the app again...I have many app that need updates from samsung that are just sitting in the app store...I just ignore them and turn off what I can if I don't use.