Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By rivencap
  • 1 Post By officialclar
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Note 3 Camera Pics of Night Fast Action

So far in ln-door night conditions with any type of conventional lighting *I was not able to take one pic of my kids moving without major blurring/streaking.*

Trying to understand the capabilities of the Note 3 camera I've read a lot of related posts on this forum which are rather informative and I've played around with the stock camera i.e. Smart Stabilization, Sport Mode, Iso Settings, Exposure values and such to no avail. No matter what setting I try or even a camera app I get the same crappy results.*

I am curious if any one is willing to share tricks on how to take good pics of fast action in in door lighting conditions. Even better if somebody can prove to me they can take a sharp pics of moving people indoors at night in any lighting conditions that would be a great bonus.*

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: Note 3 Camera Pics of Night Fast Action

Quote Originally Posted by Circa76er View Post
    So far in ln-door night conditions with any type of conventional lighting *I was not able to take one pic of my kids moving without major blurring/streaking.*

Trying to understand the capabilities of the Note 3 camera I've read a lot of related posts on this forum which are rather informative and I've played around with the stock camera i.e. Smart Stabilization, Sport Mode, Iso Settings, Exposure values and such to no avail. No matter what setting I try or even a camera app I get the same crappy results.*

I am curious if any one is willing to share tricks on how to take good pics of fast action in in door lighting conditions. Even better if somebody can prove to me they can take a sharp pics of moving people indoors at night in any lighting conditions that would be a great bonus.*

Prove to me you can do that with any camera phone! The problem is that to capture enough light, the camera slows the shutter speed down, but to capture movement you need fast shutter speed. It is a double edged sword. I have personally tried to capture movement with my S3, S4, Note 3, HTC ONE, iPhone 5 etc. and none have been able to.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Hi thanks for your comments. I understand exactly what you're saying but the problem is any kind of slight movement will be blurred with this camera.

4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

How to insert pictures using Android Central app

Global Posts
    5,537 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.2 Build 3

Quote Originally Posted by Circa76er View Post
    How to insert pictures using Android Central app

You can't do it on the AC app. You'd either need to use the AC Forums app or the desktop website

Everything in this post is 100% accurate...I think

R.I.P. Motorola...and what could have been the best smartphone line ever

You can also use Tapatalk.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

The only other tip I would give you is to use burst shot or best shot mode. You may have some luck taking action shots with those.

You might just need to use flash. Anything under 1/50 shutter speed is susceptible to blurring with motion, and is even true with good "regular" cameras. It can be a crap shoot. You might get lucky or you might not.

If you don't want to use flash, the only choice is more ambient light (which can be hard indoors). Of course, the higher the ISO, the faster shutter speed you can use but noise will be higher (which is why you need to consider 3rd party apps which don't make as much of a hash of things than the stock camera). The thing is, high ISO might not be enough to freeze movement, especially if the camera is in auto with the flash off. It might choose 800 ISO if it "thinks" that you're shooting something without motion. You might take a practice shot with someone moving and see what ISO the camera is choosing. If it's not enough and you can go higher, try doing that. To go higher from each ISO reading gives you another next higher speed and you might be able to freeze the action. Then see if you can live with the noise (for instance, if the camera chooses 400 ISO at 1/50, to get the same exposure, you can go to 800 ISO and 1/60 or 1600 and 1/80). If you either get movement or too much noise, you'll just have to face the music and use flash. To freeze anything more than just slight movement, you're going to need at least 1/80 and you need more if it's kids on their feet moving.

Here's a wonderful thread with some tips.

Note 3 & Apps (review, camera test, photography tips, app recommendations, accessories)

I use Camera Zoom Fx.

I attached a couple examples on night mode.

Palm Treo line > BlackBerry line > Samsung Galaxy S line > NOW the awesome & powerful Samsung Galaxy Note 3! 😆📱😆
    Palm Treo 600/650/700P/Centro/Blackberry Curve 8330/Tour 9630/Bold 9650/HTC EVO 4G/Samsung Galaxy Epic SII Touch 4G/Samsung Galaxy Epic SIII Touch LTE!!!
    officialclar and sarkycow like this.

Quote Originally Posted by rivencap View Post
    Here's a wonderful thread with some tips.

Note 3 & Apps (review, camera test, photography tips, app recommendations, accessories)

I use Camera Zoom Fx.

I attached a couple examples on night mode.

Palm Treo line > BlackBerry line > Samsung Galaxy S line > NOW the awesome & powerful Samsung Galaxy Note 3! 😆📱😆
    Omg your cats are so adorable!!! Can I have one? Hahaha

Thanked by:
    sarkycow likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by officialclar View Post
    Omg your cats are so adorable!!! Can I have one? Hahaha

Awww thanks, but no. Hehe. Lol.

Palm Treo 600/650/700P/Centro/Blackberry Curve 8330/Tour 9630/Bold 9650/HTC EVO 4G/Samsung Galaxy Epic SII Touch 4G/Samsung Galaxy Epic SIII Touch LTE!!!