Does it matter if you charge your phone every night no matter what battery % it is on?

thegame161

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
This may of been asked before in terms of can it hurt the battery if you charge your phone every night or at any time during the day even if it is on 90%, 60% or 40-50%

Does it matter at all in terms of hurting your performance from your battery?

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
I'd say to charge it if it's under 50%
It's bad for the battery in the long run if you charge it too often or only let it drain to 80 or so and keep recharging it.
I also wouldn't let the battery drain completely. I usually charge between 20-30%

Posted via Android Central App

thegame161

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
I'd say to charge it if it's under 50%
It's bad for the battery in the long run if you charge it too often or only let it drain to 80 or so and keep recharging it.
I also wouldn't let the battery drain completely. I usually charge between 20-30%

one of the reasons I ask is I've just bought a car charger so when I use my sat nav I can keep it charged while using GPS...would it matter if I just charged it when I use the maps regardless of the battery %? say I took it off 100% charge then put it in the car charger when I put the maps on.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
one of the reasons I ask is I've just bought a car charger so when I use my sat nav I can keep it charged while using GPS...would it matter if I just charged it when I use the maps regardless of the battery %? say I took it off 100% charge then put it in the car charger when I put the maps on.

Someone asked this a few days ago here: http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=359680
Like the second post said, I would charge to 100 and then plug-in whenever needed :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084