Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Can't add a custom ringtone on Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Downloaded and paid for a song in Google Play Music. After refreshing the App the song is showing in 'Google Play Music' - but when I go:

Device
    Sound
    Ringtones
    Select Add ringtone at the bottom
    Choose action using: then selec the Google Play Music icon 'choose music track' and select just once
    The music track i downloaded isnt there - just the standard 'Over the Horizon' Samsung tune

Any ideas how i can add the song and select it as a ringtone?

ROM
    Stock JB 4.1.2

Default Re: Cant add a custom ringtone on Samsung GN3

Google play music files are hidden in the phone. As far as I know, you can't use them in any other app other than Google Play music. You could download Zedge for ringtones and wallpaper or you can download the mp3 of the song you like and make your own ringtone. Ringdroid does this well. It's in the Play Store. Good luck!

Sent via The Big, Bad, Beautiful Note 3
    What?!...I'm msndrstood.

Sent via Note 2

I download the song via my laptop, then transfer the song to my ext sd card. I then use Ringdroid to cut the song into a ringtone. Then assign to the caller.

I know this sounds like a pain, but I don't use the Google Play Music app. I always download my songs and transfer them. Once you compete the process once or twice, it becomes easier. I have over 200 ringtones.

Hope this helps.

Palm Treo line > BlackBerry line > Samsung Galaxy S line > NOW the awesome & powerful Samsung Galaxy Note 3! 😆📱😆
    Palm Treo 600/650/700P/Centro/Blackberry Curve 8330/Tour 9630/Bold 9650/HTC EVO 4G/Samsung Galaxy Epic SII Touch 4G/Samsung Galaxy Epic SIII Touch LTE!!!
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Thanks folks - i will try - but i dont actully have an SD card in my phone - if i download to my computer - whats the best way to then transfer to my phone - having issues with Kies - so thats not an option :-(

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Yorkshire Lass View Post
    Thanks folks - i will try - but i dont actully have an SD card in my phone - if i download to my computer - whats the best way to then transfer to my phone - having issues with Kies - so thats not an option :-(
    Plug your phone to your computer. Your phone should pop up and you open the PHONE folder and transfer the song to your MUSIC folder
    Sent from the future on my Evo 4G LTE