Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By msndrstood
  • 1 Post By msndrstood
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default n 9005 camera - missing functions

Hi, just wondering if anyone can help me out. I just bought a GN3, and my camera seems to be different from everyone else's I read from the net. I don't have what everyone is talking about the 'stabalisation' function, and I don't have the different filters. I also don't have the different settings that I used to have on my GN3. basically it's just a normal camera that allows me to switch between panoramic and a few different other shots. Does anyone know why? So frustrating that I don't have the setting icon anymore.

ROM
    Stock JB 4.1.2

Default Re: n 9005 camera - missing functions

Where did you buy the phone? And are you in the US or international?

Sent via The Big, Bad, Beautiful Note 3
    What?!...I'm msndrstood.

Sent via Note 2
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I bought this phone online and I am in Australia. It seems to me it's the software that don't have all these functions. How to upgrade and add these function in without too much complication. I like the gn3 camera and don't want to install 3rd party apps.

Posted via Android Central App

ROM
    Stock JB 4.1.2

You probably have the international version. I know there are differences between the US version and the International one. I'm guessing this is one of them. Hopefully someone with the International version will chime in to help out. I have the US version. I also have the CameraFx app installed which works great. I try a lot of camera apps, you should try a few, you can always uninstall them if you don't like them. Good luck!

What?!...I'm msndrstood.

Sent via Note 2

I hope you didn't get a fake one! Look at the thread on how to spot a fake. Was it used?? That sounds like you have the AOSP camera to me

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by msndrstood View Post
    You probably have the international version. I know there are differences between the US version and the International one. I'm guessing this is one of them. Hopefully someone with the International version will chime in to help out. I have the US version. I also have the CameraFx app installed which works great. I try a lot of camera apps, you should try a few, you can always uninstall them if you don't like them. Good luck!

No, the international version has stabilisation. My phone is the int version.

ROM
    Stock JB 4.1.2

Quote Originally Posted by officialclar View Post
    No, the international version has stabilisation. My phone is the int version.

Good to know. I know there are differences in the camera app for instance, no 4k recording, so I mentioned this. Thanks for the clarification.

What?!...I'm msndrstood.

Sent via Note 2
    Madd54 likes this.

ROM
    Stock JB 4.1.2

Quote Originally Posted by z06mike View Post
    I hope you didn't get a fake one! Look at the thread on how to spot a fake. Was it used?? That sounds like you have the AOSP camera to me

This is a distinct possibility. Check out the threads on the Note 3, one guy got a fake and did an excellent write up on how to spot the differences between real and fake.

Here's the link:

Here's how to spot a fake Note 3! (For those looking at online marketplaces or unofficial retailers)

What?!...I'm msndrstood.

Sent via Note 2
    Madd54 likes this.

I have a EU N9005. I haven't used the camera much. I just found the filter effects by using the phone menu button to find 'manage effects'.
    Smart stabilsation is found in the first tab after hitting the screen gear wheel twice. 3 tabs in total, 1 for video.

If you have the 4k 'video size' resolution setting of 3840 x 2160, you should have a genuine N9005.

Added: There should be an arrow on the left, or bottom in landscape, to raise the choice of supplied filters.

Posted on my N9005 via Android Central App
    Best to read my post before I edit it. In fact, no - don't read it. I haven't finished yet. Come back later!
    Thanked by:
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

I hope it's not a fake. I just checked and everything seems original to me. But I didn't get this from eBay. I bought this from a reputable online store in Australia so surely they can't be selling fakes. Probably best for me to check out other cameras out there. What bothers me most is I can't adjust the size of the pictures because I don't have setting icon.

I have international one and I live in Indonesia and it has every single camera feature.

I reallly hope you didnt get the fake one. China has been producing crazy fakes for ALL KINDS of smartphones (well, make that all kinds of products).

Quote Originally Posted by ChairCorp View Post
    I hope it's not a fake. I just checked and everything seems original to me. But I didn't get this from eBay. I bought this from a reputable online store in Australia so surely they can't be selling fakes. Probably best for me to check out other cameras out there. What bothers me most is I can't adjust the size of the pictures because I don't have setting icon.

I'm not clear on what you are missing. If you have screens like below you should have everything. You sound as though it appears to be a fake, but it was from a reputable seller.
    Check the 'About Device' page on the 'General' tab in phone settings. It should have the baseband and build number similar to mine with N9005 in there. The camera settings are obviously there after you open the camera up.
    Sorry if I'm treating you as 'nice but dim' but just covering the basics.

I hope these screenshots help.

After this I'm not very knowledgeable, but hopefully someone can help you further.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails n 9005 camera - missing functions-2014-02-07-23-10-15.png   n 9005 camera - missing functions-2014-02-07-23-10-34.png   n 9005 camera - missing functions-2014-02-07-23-10-46.png   n 9005 camera - missing functions-2014-02-07-23-10-56.jpg   n 9005 camera - missing functions-2014-02-07-23-11-20.png  

n 9005 camera - missing functions-2014-02-07-23-11-57.png   n 9005 camera - missing functions-2014-02-07-23-12-44.png   n 9005 camera - missing functions-2014-02-07-23-13-20.jpg  

So who's F1 Ferrari is that. Massa, Kimi, Alonso?

Alonso!!!

Thanked by:
    Madd54 

Alonso!!!

Ah.OK. I'm a big admirer, but not great on helmet colours.
    I put a rambling post in Autos in Central Lounge yesterday.
    Thanks.