1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Note 3 skipping/lagging/jerking when playing games or watching Youtube

I have a Verizon Note 3 rooted with Jelly Beans Build 6. For some reason when I play games, it skips every like 3 seconds. For instance, when I play Traffic Racer, it skips every few seconds and messes me up. Also, when I watch youtube videos, it also skips every few seconds.

The note 3 is supposed to be top of the line for performance. I do not think my old Note 2 ever had these issues. What is going on here?

FYI, I've turned off all animation settings in developer options and also disabled S-Voice and I'm using Nova Launcher. None of that stuff helped. Also, I am not on Power Saver mode and I have my CPU set at highest.

Default Re: Note 3 skipping/lagging/jerking when playing games or watching Youtube

Have you stopped to think that it could be the ROM you're on?? This is a very top of the line phone and the phone can play YouTube videos with its hands tied behind its back.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Note 3 skipping/lagging/jerking when playing games or watching Youtube

Yes, but the ROM is supposed to be very stable as well.. hmm...

Quote Originally Posted by ahchah08 View Post
    I have a Verizon Note 3 rooted with Jelly Beans Build 6. For some reason when I play games, it skips every like 3 seconds. For instance, when I play Traffic Racer, it skips every few seconds and messes me up. Also, when I watch youtube videos, it also skips every few seconds.

The note 3 is supposed to be top of the line for performance. I do not think my old Note 2 ever had these issues. What is going on here?

FYI, I've turned off all animation settings in developer options and also disabled S-Voice and I'm using Nova Launcher. None of that stuff helped. Also, I am not on Power Saver mode and I have my CPU set at highest.
    You must have a defect device.
    Note is abosulte beast and the most powerful smartphone period.

You know, I often play youtubes hd in the upper half of the screen, and messaging through whatsapp, bbm/etc, or browsing on the other window while youtube is playing.
    FLAWLESSLY. no lag.
    Maybe it's your wireless connection?