"SapaMonitor" and "jammonitorservice"

anote3fan

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
What are they?

They keep running in the running list of application manager, even after I force stop it/

Any idea what they do? I presume something by samsung?

Kdubbn

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
What are they?

They keep running in the running list of application manager, even after I force stop it/

Any idea what they do? I presume something by samsung?

Have them on my Note 3 as well. From what I understand they can be froze/disabled with no issues so I'm assuming it's bloatware. The only reason I even came across this app or whatever it is was an icon showing up on my screen one day and then went away on it's on. The nerd in me has looked and looked and can't find what this is for and it's driving me insane lol. So if anyone knows I'd love to find out :)

Gabrielth

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
I'd like to know as well.I get paranoid when I get a app that has the word 'monitor' in its name and i don't know what is designed to do!

Last edited:

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
com.samsung.android.sdk.professionalaudio.utility.jammonitor is the process that runs for the SapaMonitor app/package, best I can tell. From the package name, it appears that its related to audio. This thread indicates the same [q] sapamonitor?... | Galaxy S4 | XDA Forum

Curious, I checked in GSAM, and via the App Detail feature, scrolled down until I found SapaMonitor. GSAM characterizes SapaMonitor as a package, and jammonitor is it's process. GSAM shows 0.0% battery usage on my Note 3. Assuming that SapaMonitor's job is to monitor audio inputs or similar subsystem, I think its not something to worry about. I played Music off/on during work today, and unplugged/plugged in headphones probably a dozen times.

Since the picture for SapaMonitor looks like an audio connector, it could be the service that monitors for when an audio connector gets plugged into the headphone jack. I know when I plug in my headphones, a Notification bar alert pops up that says something like "Headphones connected".

I could, of course, be totally wrong on this. But from a bit of sleuthing around, this appears to be a valid TouchWiz related system service. I wouldn't worry about it.

I would worry about, and I do so more, the bloatware like My Magazine.

LunaUnlimited

May 15, 2016
Visit site
Someone is spying on you. I had it on my phone and I contacted customer service... they said they wouldn't give me any information on the account without the user name/ password / the email associated with the account and the last four digits of the credit card used to pay for the software because that would violate the security of the account holder. YEP that's right.... THEIR SECURITY. Complete BULL!!!! The info being shared is hidden in a sticky notes app.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kim freese

May 20, 2016
Visit site
Someone is spying on you. I had it on my phone and I contacted customer service... they said they wouldn't give me any information on the account without the user name/ password / the email associated with the account and the last four digits of the credit card used to pay for the software because that would violate the security of the account holder. YEP that's right.... THEIR SECURITY. Complete BULL!!!! The info being shared is hidden in a sticky notes app.

So how did you get rid of this. I believe same thing is happening to me

Kim freese

May 20, 2016
Visit site

Timjozef

Jan 16, 2017
Visit site
I would like to know what you know. I feel I was a victim of sleephacking from a girl. She ask and ask to see me phone the night before then I go to sleep and she is a diiferent person in the morning. So at first i thought ok she use my fingerprint and got in my phone but now i actually think she installed spy tracking or something on my phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2