Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default "SapaMonitor" and "jammonitorservice"

What are they?

They keep running in the running list of application manager, even after I force stop it/

Any idea what they do? I presume something by samsung?

Default Re: "SapaMonitor" and "jammonitorservice"

Quote Originally Posted by anote3fan View Post
    What are they?

They keep running in the running list of application manager, even after I force stop it/

id like to know as well, they are on my s5

Quote Originally Posted by anote3fan View Post
    What are they?

Have them on my Note 3 as well. From what I understand they can be froze/disabled with no issues so I'm assuming it's bloatware. The only reason I even came across this app or whatever it is was an icon showing up on my screen one day and then went away on it's on. The nerd in me has looked and looked and can't find what this is for and it's driving me insane lol. So if anyone knows I'd love to find out :-)

I'd like to know as well.I get paranoid when I get a app that has the word 'monitor' in its name and i don't know what is designed to do!
    Last edited by Gabrielth; 08-08-2014 at 07:55 PM. Reason: add more info

com.samsung.android.sdk.professionalaudio.utility.jammonitor is the process that runs for the SapaMonitor app/package, best I can tell. From the package name, it appears that its related to audio. This thread indicates the same [q] sapamonitor?... | Galaxy S4 | XDA Forum

Curious, I checked in GSAM, and via the App Detail feature, scrolled down until I found SapaMonitor. GSAM characterizes SapaMonitor as a package, and jammonitor is it's process. GSAM shows 0.0% battery usage on my Note 3. Assuming that SapaMonitor's job is to monitor audio inputs or similar subsystem, I think its not something to worry about. I played Music off/on during work today, and unplugged/plugged in headphones probably a dozen times.

Since the picture for SapaMonitor looks like an audio connector, it could be the service that monitors for when an audio connector gets plugged into the headphone jack. I know when I plug in my headphones, a Notification bar alert pops up that says something like "Headphones connected".

I could, of course, be totally wrong on this. But from a bit of sleuthing around, this appears to be a valid TouchWiz related system service. I wouldn't worry about it.

I would worry about, and I do so more, the bloatware like My Magazine.