Desk clock mode w/out docking

Hghlndr

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
So came from an S4 where if you launched the clock and scrolled to the far right tab, you'd find a deskclock mode where it would show docking settings without the dock. Samsung/Verizon left it out of the N3 unfortunately.
Been tinkering with Quick shortcut maker and have made some useful shortcuts, (like a notifications system setting), though have had no luck in even finding where the dock/cradle setting or app is to be able to create a shortcut to launch the app sans dock!!
Anyone done this or have thoughts of where to look or what it may be called as the usual suspects aren't correct? Thanks in advance for reading this post. Peace

Posted via Android Central App

Hghlndr

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
So... I gave up trying to find the software on the phone so I could make a shortcut for it, and found this little beauty on amazon.com
If you're like me, and don't want the docking station but would like to have the desk clock screen that comes on when phone is docked, this cable charges and creates that experience because of the pin configuration. Albeit, not a cable to transfer data, simply charges the phone and initiates the desk clock screen.
For $8, I'm satisfied. Here's the info and link:
RND charge and dock mode Micro USB cable (6FT) for Samsung Galaxy (S2 S3 S4 Note Note 2 and Note 3).
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00EB...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU3453535
Enjoy!

Posted via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa