1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Angry Samsung Allcast Hub

I have spent more time than I care to admit, searching this on Google and on the phone with Samsung support. I was actually transferred 8 times and spent almost a hour and a half with support and still never got a real answer. I purchased a Samsung Allcast Hub to use with my Note 3, Note 10.1 2014 and my wifes S3. All devices could see the Dongle but could not connect. Samsung finally said the unit I had must be bad and needed to return it. So I did exchange it but the new unit is doing the same thing.
    It says on the Samsung website it states to see if the device is compatible: On the device, touch Menu > Settings > More settings > AllShare cast.
    None of our devices have Allcast but has Screen Mirroring which I assumed has replaced the Allcast option? Samsung said all three devices were compatible with the hub.
    Does anyone know anything about this hub and if I am missing something? I have downloaded movies on my tablet that I would really like to be able to send to the TV to watch. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    You were born an original , Don't Die a Copy
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: Samsung Allcast Hub

Finally found out that the Allcast Hub isn't working with anything that is running 4.3. What is interesting though is that I was able to purchase a Samsung Blue-Ray DVD player with the Hub built in and it worked like a charm on all three devices.
    You were born an original , Don't Die a Copy