Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default [Q] Can anyone suggest a good portable blue tooth speaker?

Hey guys,
    I'm looking for a good BT speaker that doesn't cost a million bucks.
    Any ideas?

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
    Last edited by greenbay-mayer; 02-09-2014 at 07:31 PM.

Default Re: [Q] Can anyone suggest a good portable blue tooth speaker?

Check out the Jawbone jambox/mini jambox as well as the tube style that stands up.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by inco9nito99 View Post
    Check out the Jawbone jambox/mini jambox as well as the tube style that stands up.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
    Thanks, I was thinking of something under $50 ? I know you get what you pay for. ... But $50 is a decent amount of bread to most people.

I can tell you I got a Logitech one for only 15$ at Bestbuy and it was supposed to be 99$. What happened was it was last year's model so they asked it down and put it on the clearance table. Funny thing was when I compared it to the new model it was identical except for the packaging. I've had it now for over a year and it's amazing. So always look at the clearance tables in the big box stores, you never know what you'll find.

Posted via Android Central App

If your in the states, I love the Radio Shack "Auvio" portable bluetooth speaker. Watch the sale papers, as is $39.99 on sale every few weeks. Regular price I believe is $59 or $79. In my opinion, it's very underrated and great bang for your buck. 😊

Palm Treo line > BlackBerry line > Samsung Galaxy S line > NOW the awesome & powerful Samsung Galaxy Note 3! 😆📱😆
    Palm Treo 600/650/700P/Centro/Blackberry Curve 8330/Tour 9630/Bold 9650/HTC EVO 4G/Samsung Galaxy Epic SII Touch 4G/Samsung Galaxy Epic SIII Touch LTE!!!

Global Posts
    39 Global Posts

I will soon be purchasing the Amazon Basics brand BT speaker. Its $60 and CNET gave it rave reviews.

Posted via Android Central App
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

I ended up getting this Anker MP141after some great reviews on Amazon. I've had a couple generic no names that broke or blew out quickly.

The MP141 is very nice looking and super easy to pair. The speaker is very heavy-indicating a large magnet, and has a nice matte rubber exterior. There is a micro USB charge port, aux stereo jack and a charge light indicater. Apart from thevolume switch, the buttons operate the speaker. Volume up/ down and a play/pause. All the parts appear to be of the highest quality. Most importantly, the sound is very rich. I use it in my office which is about 12 X 12. I can walk out about 15-20 without losing connection. What's more impressive is I can still hear it well out side. Unfortunately the unit does distort at the highest volume- but most speakers do.
    The speaker also has a microphone to answer incoming calls. The mic. quality is good and almost none of callers could recognize I was using the speaker. There is also a sound that indicates a successful connection or incoming call. One drawback is that for some reason, this notification sound is always super loud-regardless of the volume setting on the speaker. It can be startling if you have the speaker volume low. Overall I am very pleased with this product and feel comfortable recommending it to anyone looking for a high quality speaker without the high end price.