Note 3: UK KitKat Update

EpicInYourFace

May 24, 2013
Visit site
Re: Note 3 UK KitKat Update

Yeah, strange that carriers in the USA already are seeding the update while the international version is mostly waiting...

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk

We also have the same version (N9005) , the international version is N9000

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

NeilWhitear

May 24, 2013
Visit site

I have still not received any update, I am toying with the idea of installing the Polish KitKat update onto my Note 3, the latest firmware from Sammobile also contains the fix with accessories not working and SD card issues.

anon(819941)

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site

I really don't get what's happening with the international release of this update... It's been more than a month since things were almost ready and still nothing...

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk

DTID

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site

Mine updated today. Not really noticed much difference after around an hour of usage.

Solrighal

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site

I'm in Scotland and downloaded the update today. I've never updated an Android phone before as I've previously only used Apple. Is it a complicated process? Will I lose any data that's on the phone right now? Should I switch back to TouchWiz before updating? I'm using Nova Prime currently?

Sorry for all the questions but I don't want to get it wrong as there's no mobile signal where I live and broadband is merely an aspiration around these parts. I had to drive 12 miles in to town to download the update, lol.

Sent from my SM-N9005

JordanN9005

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site

I'm on three network no update yet bought the phone unlocked sim free. Keep getting a notification marker on the settings icon but when I click it there's no update, weird.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using AC Forums mobile app

Solrighal

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site

I'm on 3 and got the update this afternoon. I'm going to give it a miss for now though, too many horror stories about bugs for my liking. If it ain't broke and all that.

Sent from my SM-N9005

boatman1069

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site

My phone in the notification bar this evening said software update available.. So did the update and I can only see the battery symbol has turned white and the wife symbol don't seem to show send/receive. Cannot see anything else yet so a little disappointed.

Posted via Android Central App

DTID

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site

Is there a guide somewhere on how to go about the update?

Sent from my SM-N9005

It's easy. Go to Settings - About - Software Update.

The update won't overwrite any data you've saved in apps or otherwise. KitKat isn't a great deal different to Jelly Bean so far. As pointed out by someone else already, the icons along the top are now black and white instead of green. I can't see any other difference either.

jim_h#AC

Feb 18, 2010
Visit site
Sim free Note on T-Mobile in sunny Yorkshire - 'The latest updates have already been installed'. I'm waiting for this update before I root.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781