Note 3 Questions

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
Hi all, I'm currently planning to upgrade to a Note 3 from a iPhone 4S. I've just got a couple of questions regarding notes that I'm hoping someone can answer:

1) I make notes all the time on my iPhone (hence why I think the note 3 is a worthy upgrade) and I'm wondering how notes are saved on the note 3? I have 3 main lists on my phone:
*Work hours
*Shopping list
*Christmas/Birthday present ideas list
Along with various other holiday plans, and ideas.

From the lock screen, realistically how long would it take me to get to these lists? I was wondering if on a home screen, you can launch straight into a specific list from something like an app icon or whether you have to load the whole notes app, then search for the specific note before you and add/amend it? Currently on my iPhone, by the time the screen has become live, i've put in my passcode, launched the notes app, located the note Im after etc and got the cursor in the correct position to type, it can take around 15-30 seconds before I can start typing. I know that doesn't sound long, but I frequently adjust my notes throughout the say, so I waste quite a few minutes just getting there! And sometimes once I've got there, I've forgotten what I wanted to write down. Thats my fault though!

2) Where are quick notes saved?

I live for notes and my iPhone just isn't up to the task, I use a notepad in tandem with my phone and I'm always loosing that so it would be so nice to ditch the paper pad in favour for a phone with a really good notes app.
That said, is the Note 3 a good phone for organising your life? I frequently use Siri to set countdown timers, remind me to do things at specific times etc. Is the Note 3's S Voice as good as Siri?

I can't stress enough how much I rely on these little reminders and notes because I am so forgetful!
If anyone can help, it will be much appreciated.

Hghlndr

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
OK James.... Hello and welcome! Simply said S note and action memo will be your best friends. Can't help you with lock screen app launching as I have a security screen on my N3 and no apps launch from it. But, the speed of the N3 will blow you away from where you are coming so have a shortcut or widget to your notes and Voila!
That stated, I use Evernote, Action Memo and Google's Keep to organize and file my world. For reminders, Google Now will be your friend and IMHO, Siri's first cousin. Samsung's Svoice isn't lacking as much as it's slow and Google Now is awesome. You'll be fine. Play with it... as TouchWiz/Android and IOS are completely different approaches.
Good Luck!

Posted via Android Central App

shanghaichica

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
There is an official cover called the S - view cover. If you use this cover you don't even need to unlock the phone you can take a note directly on the cover through the window. All you need to do is activate the screen, pull your s pen out and you can begin making a note.

I suppose quick notes would be classed as action memos, so would be saved as action memos. There are also other places you can store notes such as S note and there is also scrap booker, which basically allows you to collect anything you find, which could be a picture or a video and save it to a scrapbook.

You can organise your notes very well by labelling them with key words or tags. There is a great search function on the phone called S finder which will allow you to search across the phone for anything, apps, files and documents and notes.

Posted from my galaxy note 3

swisstrader

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
If taking notes and making lists are as important to you as they are to me, then the Note 3 is hands down the winner. I'm a big fan of the Action memo app...and even better is being able to hand scribble a note, save it, tap and use the same info to dial a number you hand wrote, search the web, store it in contacts, etc. Try to do that on your iPhone!

clitrenta

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
Thinking completely outside the box here, you can also use your Note 3 in conjunction with the Gear smart watch which allows you to install Evernote to it and you can record audio memos right to Evernote. Evernote on the watch then syncs with Evernote on the Note 3. Brilliant! (In case you aren't sensing a trend here, you should really try Evernote). But as far as using the S Pen, I use both S Note and Action Memo. As soon as you pull the pen out, the Air Command menu pops up from which you can do a number of things with your pen. Best that you try it all out to decide which works best for you. And remember - widgets are your best friend. :D

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
Thank you all so much for your recommendations, I think I'm sold on the Note 3. I did think about a Galaxy gear too as I'm keen on the smart watch idea, but I have just looked into it and have seen speculation of a new Samsung smart watch being released at the same time as the S5. What are the chances it will be compatible with the Note 3?

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
Thank you all so much for your recommendations, I think I'm sold on the Note 3. I did think about a Galaxy gear too as I'm keen on the smart watch idea, but I have just looked into it and have seen speculation of a new Samsung smart watch being released at the same time as the S5. What are the chances it will be compatible with the Note 3?

The new Galaxy gear should be announced on the 25th of this month. As we all suspect it will be partnered with the s5 but because the original gear was s4 and n3 capable I don't see why version 2 won't be. I fell version 2 will be able to talk to Alot more devices as well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

clitrenta

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site

I'm sure it will be compatible. I don't know what the new one brings to the table but I have to say I am very pleasantly surprised by the Gear. These sorts of things get you wondering if maybe it's just a gimmick but I'm here to tell you, this is a great watch. The next one can only improve upon it and maybe the main difference is that it's compatible with all Android devices while this one only works with the Note 3 and S4. It is SO nice just to be able to glance at my watch quick to see what the notification is for vs pulling out the phone. It does a lot more than that and you'd have to check it out in the store but I am totally sold on it right now.