Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Best way to update a uk note 3 software

Hi guys, what's the best way to update a note 3? The reason why am asking is back in November I had a major issue with the battery not holding it's charge. And when I sent it back to Vodafone repair centre, they told me the phone has been rooted. Which hadn't. And If I could remember right I updated the software through setting and about phone via wifi. But don't think that would cause the phone to be rooted. So after arguing with them they decided to give me a new handset.

But now I've been getting a pop up saying new software available, don't know if it's the new kit kat software or just a simple phone update. Shall I download it through my phone or through kies on my computer ?

The reason why I want to update my phone is because it's freezes every so often and the battery seems to drain a lot quicker than before. What do you guys think? Update or no update?

Global Posts
    8,983 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

Default Re: Best way to update a uk note 3 software

Quote Originally Posted by iain555 View Post
    Hi guys, what's the best way to update a note 3? The reason why am asking is back in November I had a major issue with the battery not holding it's charge. And when I sent it back to Vodafone repair centre, they told me the phone has been rooted. Which hadn't. And If I could remember right I updated the software through setting and about phone via wifi. But don't think that would cause the phone to be rooted. So after arguing with them they decided to give me a new handset.

But now I've been getting a pop up saying new software available, don't know if it's the new kit kat software or just a simple phone update. Shall I download it through my phone or through kies on my computer ?

The reason why I want to update my phone is because it's freezes every so often and the battery seems to drain a lot quicker than before. What do you guys think? Update or no update?
    If you're having issues on the current OS version, I'd update. I know the international Note 3's are getting Kit Kat, so that might be the next update
    Does it say how big the update is?

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running Slim Bean 4.3
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Best way to update a uk note 3 software

The software is 217mb Best way to update a uk note 3 software-image.jpg

Should I download the software through the phone or via the computer ?

Global Posts
    8,983 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

Quote Originally Posted by iain555 View Post
    The software is 217mb Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	837.1 KB 
ID:	104590

Should I download the software through the phone or via the computer ?
    Seems a little small if it was to be KK. I'd download over the air. I've never used Kies to upgrade

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running Slim Bean 4.3
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan