1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Google Hangouts - SMS lockscreen notifications not working

I am trying out Google Hangouts as my main SMS app. So far, I like it a lot.

But, somehow when my phone is locked with a passcode, and a new message arrives, I only get a beep and a vibration. No preview message appears on lock screen. I checked all the settings and everything appears correct and yet, I can't get this to work. Is there a way to enable lock screen notifications for Google Hangouts, just like the original Samsung SMS app?

Thanks for any help...

Default Re: Google Hangouts - SMS lockscreen notifications not working

To my knowledge no. Hangouts doesn't have a setting to check inside the app like how the stock SMS App on the Note 3 does.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I was able to solve this issue with this app:

This app is great, but the issue is that it only works on a screen with a sliding unlock. This is a widget and I can't add it to the lock screen which is locked with a pin. Is there a way to add widgets to lock screen?

This issue must be Samsung related, because on my Nexus 7 (2013 version) running Kit Kat, I have no problem adding widgets to a lock screen secured with a pin.
    Last edited by BlueOrbit; 02-13-2014 at 03:03 PM.

Glad to hear. Dash clock is an awesome widget. Regarding the messaging widget though, the widget that pops up on the lock screen when a message arrives is built into the stock message app. It's not an issue with Samsung. It's just that Hangouts doesn't have the option to turn that widget function on to show on the lock screen, since it doesn't have a lock screen widget, or an option to check in settings.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk