How to get Note 3 to stay on Wi-Fi

csbevins

May 10, 2012
Visit site
I just recently got a Note 3 on Verizon. I'm used to my old Note 2 automatically picking up my wifi at home, but this phone shows icons at the top for it being on both 4G and wifi. Which is it? And how can I tell it to just stay on wifi until I leave the house?

Posted via Android Central App

anote3fan

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
I just recently got a Note 3 on Verizon. I'm used to my old Note 2 automatically picking up my wifi at home, but this phone shows icons at the top for it being on both 4G and wifi. Which is it? And how can I tell it to just stay on wifi until I leave the house?

Go to Setting
- Press once on Wi-Fi
- Press once on the soft button menu (bottom left), and then press on Advanced
- Make sure to un-check Auto Network Switch

Voila... you'll stay on wi-fi no matter how slow, or until you turn off the wi-fi

jgraves1107

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
Just got mine last week and it started saying connection was unstable. Showed I had wifi but the internet was not there. I have auto switch unchecked. This looks like it is pinging something and if internet goes down it starts telling you it's unstable. Had to restart the phone.

lattemaker

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
Just got mine last week and it started saying connection was unstable. Showed I had wifi but the internet was not there. I have auto switch unchecked. This looks like it is pinging something and if internet goes down it starts telling you it's unstable. Had to restart the phone.
I get the network unstable message also. I read somewhere that if you dial *#0011# and go to advanced>wifi and turn WIFI power save to off it MAY fix the problem. Don't quote me on that!

Alain_A

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site

when you are connected on wifi the 4G should disappear