Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default How to get Note 3 to stay on Wi-Fi

I just recently got a Note 3 on Verizon. I'm used to my old Note 2 automatically picking up my wifi at home, but this phone shows icons at the top for it being on both 4G and wifi. Which is it? And how can I tell it to just stay on wifi until I leave the house?

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: How to get Note 3 to stay on Wi-Fi

Quote Originally Posted by csbevins View Post
    I just recently got a Note 3 on Verizon. I'm used to my old Note 2 automatically picking up my wifi at home, but this phone shows icons at the top for it being on both 4G and wifi. Which is it? And how can I tell it to just stay on wifi until I leave the house?

Go to Setting
    - Press once on Wi-Fi
    - Press once on the soft button menu (bottom left), and then press on Advanced
    - Make sure to un-check Auto Network Switch

Voila... you'll stay on wi-fi no matter how slow, or until you turn off the wi-fi

Just got mine last week and it started saying connection was unstable. Showed I had wifi but the internet was not there. I have auto switch unchecked. This looks like it is pinging something and if internet goes down it starts telling you it's unstable. Had to restart the phone.

Quote Originally Posted by jgraves1107 View Post
    Just got mine last week and it started saying connection was unstable. Showed I had wifi but the internet was not there. I have auto switch unchecked. This looks like it is pinging something and if internet goes down it starts telling you it's unstable. Had to restart the phone.
    I get the network unstable message also. I read somewhere that if you dial *#0011# and go to advanced>wifi and turn WIFI power save to off it MAY fix the problem. Don't quote me on that!

Quote Originally Posted by csbevins View Post

when you are connected on wifi the 4G should disappear