Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By anon8380037
  • 1 Post By Uchihaa Itachii
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Samsung Galaxy Note 3 a long bright line is being shown on the display

Hello
    Recently i bought the Samsung note 3 Model no N9005 from dubai. But the other night before going to sleep i put my phone under my pilow and while i got up in the morning i saw that my phone was very hot and the battery level was to 17%( it was 98 % before i slept) and this bright line was on the screen from top to bottom. I attached a picture of it here.
    I sent the phone to the samsung customer care but they told rather i dropped the phone on ground or i put pressure on the screen.They are asking freaking $250 to replace the LCD.
    My question is that the glass that covers the screen is gorilla glass 3. How could little pressure of pilow can crack it ?
    What should i do now? They are saying this bright line will eventually get dark black and cover the whole screen.
    Should i change now or wait till the line gets dark then repair it?
    Suggestions please.Samsung Galaxy Note 3 a long bright line is being shown on the display-03012014803.jpg

Default Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 3 a long bright line is being shown on the display

If you're gonna have to pay to repair it,I'd wait until it covers the whole screen.That's just my thought. Good luck...

Default Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 3 a long bright line is being shown on the display

Hi Raihan,
    where did you buy your note 3 from? I have a similar issue, a bright pink vertical line from top to bottom of the screen is appearing after few hours of use. I had the phone on the table and no damage or pressure had been applied on it. I got it from Gadget and Gears and they are saying that the phone went through physical damage! I told them that i haven't got to use the phone much except configuring it, it was on the table, didn't even put it in my pocket. But they are trying to stick to their verdict. I will talk to their technical team who are saying that it's a result of physical damage. I want to see their diagnostics and premises on which they came to such conclusion.

I have a similar problem but mine is worse. I have multiple lines running across my Note 3 and one large crack going diagonal and all this is inside the screen. If you ever find a solution to your problem please tell me. I will be forever grateful.

Quote Originally Posted by Esi Imbeah View Post
    I have a similar problem but mine is worse. I have multiple lines running across my Note 3 and one large crack going diagonal and all this is inside the screen. If you ever find a solution to your problem please tell me. I will be forever grateful.
    Welcome to Android Central!

It sounds as though you have the dreaded cracked screen defect. Why not join in the thread below (or above!)
    Samsung have been denying a defect can occur with an internal crack, and said it is not covered under warranty. I think some owners have had successful replacements, I haven't followed it of late.
    Good luck.

Samsung Galaxy - Cracked Screen Defect, not dropped, Note 3 & Note 2, S4 & S3

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk Pro
    dc52ltr likes this.

defective samsung's super AMOLED..!
    appeared from no where..! dint drop the phone, or keep it under pillow, or gave force on screen..!
    constant green vertical line across screen, doesn't appear on screenshots..!
    red & blue pixels are fine.. except green pixels.. any ways to repair it?
    i am rooted (warranty void) bcoz my phone is roooooted..!

bought from UAE (Al Ain) with Axiom warranty..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Samsung Galaxy Note 3 a long bright line is being shown on the display-p1070041.jpg   Samsung Galaxy Note 3 a long bright line is being shown on the display-p1070045.jpg   Samsung Galaxy Note 3 a long bright line is being shown on the display-p1070043.jpg  
    sarkycow likes this.

My line is bright pink and it's on the left side of the screen from top to bottom. I have about 3 months before I can upgrade, and will definitely do that.

Default Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 2 a long bright line is being shown on the display

Please ! help me to troubleshooting (Samsung Galaxy Note 2 a long bright line is being shown on the display).

Thumbs up Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 3 a long bright line is being shown on the display

Sad to here that Pink Line appears in our samsung Phone. Its for sure SAMSUNGS mobile Manufacturing complaint and it has to be addressed by them..

Even I had a pink line (horizantal) on the screen on the right side of the screen and was not that dark.

For this try from your phone the below and check, It might go off.

Go to dialer and press *#0*# from your phone and should take you to mobile test screen of the phone ( usually test performed to check all the phone features)

Now You will see RED BLUE and Green. Press on Red then blue and green to see which of the three colurs shows the lines.

Normally it's the red where the pixels are most noticeably out on.

Keep the phone on each of the 3 color screens for a few minutes each. That Pink colur line shoud go away. Wait for few minutes before switching on to other colours. If it doesn't, repeat it and check it should seriously help get your pink screens right again!

is there any solution of vertical line on tablet ??
    i was watching my old pictures when i noticed a small vertical dark line on my tablet and the condition become worse now these lines are across my tablet screen and it becoming dark by the passage of time