Scrolling down to my first pictures I took doesn't work in gallery

iain555

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys I've got 1282 photos on my phone, a few days a go I wanted to look for a few photos I took when I first got the phone, but as I scroll all the way down the scroll bar doesn't go all the way down, it'll automatically jumps back to my recent photos I took. I've tried updating to the latest firmware (not kitkat as it's not out yet in the uk) but still doesn't work. Anything else I could do without factory reset my phone?

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys I've got 1282 photos on my phone, a few days a go I wanted to look for a few photos I took when I first got the phone, but as I scroll all the way down the scroll bar doesn't go all the way down, it'll automatically jumps back to my recent photos I took. I've tried updating to the latest firmware (not kitkat as it's not out yet in the uk) but still doesn't work. Anything else I could do without factory reset my phone?

You can try clearing the cache for the gallery app or wiping the cache partition in recovery mode

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running Slim Bean 4.3

iain555

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
I've just tried clearing the catche from the application app. But still no joy. How do you clear it from the recovery mode sorry?

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
I've just tried clearing the catche from the application app. But still no joy. How do you clear it from the recovery mode sorry?

Recovery mode: With the phone off, hold power + volume up + home until you see small blue neon letters on the screen. Then scroll down to wipe cache partition using the volume button.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running Slim Bean 4.3

iain555

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
Thanks it doesn't work :( does this mean I need to factory reset the phone now? If so is there anyways I could keep my apps? I've got apps that doesn't exist on the play store now but really want to keep, is that possible?image.jpg

pdub73

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
Not necessarily...try downloading a file explorer app like "astro file manager" search for your pictures through the file manager...if you find them I suggest moving the files to another folder on ur phone...they should then appear in your gallery like normal.

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

iain555

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
Thanks, I can view every single pictures on the app but still having problems viewing it on the Gallery :(

So just a random question, if I move the apps that are no longer on the play store on to a sd card and do a factory reset, would I be still able to retrieve the apps again?

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Thanks, I can view every single pictures on the app but still having problems viewing it on the Gallery :(

So just a random question, if I move the apps that are no longer on the play store on to a sd card and do a factory reset, would I be still able to retrieve the apps again?

You can't completely move apps to the SD card, so no :(

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2

JudH

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
Install a 3rd party backup app like MyBackupPro and do a backup using the ext card as the destination. The backup folder on the card will contain a sub folder with all the apk files for the apps. Those are standalone files not dependent on play store. Tap on an apk file to install/reinstall the app or use the backup apps restore function. It will only backup/restore the apps internal settings if you're rooted otherwise see if the app has its own save function or make note of them manually.

pdub73

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site

did u try creating a folder and moving the pictures to the new folder? as far as the apps, you can search the web on your phone for the apk. and download them outside of the playstore I use the 4shared app thats how I was able to get flappy bird after it was taken down

iain555

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
Thank you guys ever so much. I did what you said pdub73, moved everything to another folder and everything went back to normal. :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon