All Note 3 4.4 KitKat owners report in here.

vpblaze

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
So I am try to gauge everyone's opinion on how their Note 3 is doing on the most recently pushed out KitKat update.
When I had my Note 2 and it was finally upgraded to 4.3, it was the biggest mistake I made when I had that phone. Nothing but problems and disappointment afterwards.
So now I am trying to get ahead of it and decide whether or not I want to make the snap. 4.3 is running great on my Note 3 right now and I haven't had a single problem to date. Do I really want to risk it by upgrading to 4.4? It doesn't really bring anything that special does it?

So share with us. Yay or nay on the upgrade and what, if any, problems are you having?

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk

Anon8154066

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
So I am try to gauge everyone's opinion on how their Note 3 is doing on the most recently pushed out KitKat update.
When I had my Note 2 and it was finally upgraded to 4.3, it was the biggest mistake I made when I had that phone. Nothing but problems and disappointment afterwards.
So now I am trying to get ahead of it and decide whether or not I want to make the snap. 4.3 is running great on my Note 3 right now and I haven't had a single problem to date. Do I really want to risk it by upgrading to 4.4? It doesn't really bring anything that special does it?

So share with us. Yay or nay on the upgrade and what, if any, problems are you having?

I haven't experienced any issue with 4.4.2 but I flashed the Poland firmware and then rooted and flashed foxhound ground zeroes 2. I have certainly noticed more of a zip to my note and it has a few extra features eg the quick camera access on your lock screen, the ability to set defaults for you messaging and launcher, other than that I didn't notice anything major.

If 4.3 is working just fine and your not to fussed about the latest os then I would just stay put.

Posted via Android Central App

Yathani

May 21, 2013
Visit site
Right on. Hopefully there won't be anything to worry about.

Don't go Kitkat !!

- Vpn over 3g/4g doesn't work
- contact list letters missing L&M
- some apps still crash "candu crush"
- You won't be able to record phone calls by any apps no more.

what did I gain ?!!
nothing that I think important to mention .
- White icons on the notification pull down "YAY!"
- wireless printing that I don't use
- Oh and we don't get ART " Android Real Time" like Nexus 5.

vpblaze

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Would someone be able to post a screen shot of what the new notifications look like?
I am trying to visualize this white look. Also, is it strictly white or is there an option for it?

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
The transition animation bug Is fixed. I have it off,, took a picture,, went and checked and it remains off. Nice.

THE BEAST,,NOTE 3. SIZE IS EVERYTHING!!!

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Reporting in as requested sir. DL'ed Kit Kat 4.4.2 this morning and all seems normal and functioning well within tolerance and I'm sure the NSA has regained the upper hand again. Sir, the privates won't clean the latrine again.....

pachi72

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
Reporting in as requested sir. DL'ed Kit Kat 4.4.2 this morning and all seems normal and functioning well within tolerance and I'm sure the NSA has regained the upper hand again. Sir, the privates won't clean the latrine again.....

Hows your sd card working? Can you access it thru a file manager and delete or edit stuff on it?

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Would someone be able to post a screen shot of what the new notifications look like?
I am trying to visualize this white look. Also, is it strictly white or is there an option for it?

um....everything that's in the top bar is now white including the battery indicator. No, they are not being racist, that's just the way it is. Third party icons are still colored but all stock indicators are white. WHITE.

Eric Mazariegos

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
When you play music on the Play music app does the album artwork show up as your lock screen now? Like it has on Nexus devices running 4.4.x? Can anyone post screenshots pl0x i'd love to see!

JlWright

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
Rcvd KK update this morning....I can finally access and make changes to my SD card. So far so good with everything else. The performance does seem to be a bit quicker so far.

pachi72

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
Rcvd KK update this morning....I can finally access and make changes to my SD card. So far so good with everything else. The performance does seem to be a bit quicker so far.

Finally? Did you always could? Is this official Ota? Or custom rom?

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Instrumentals

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
When you play music on the Play music app does the album artwork show up as your lock screen now? Like it has on Nexus devices running 4.4.x? Can anyone post screenshots pl0x i'd love to see!

It does work, kind of weird cuz it was only working with google music and not spotify when I first tried it this morning but then I it was working this evening.

media-20140221.jpg

vpblaze

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Maybe it's just me, but the white battery indicator and not having the send/receive arrows is kind of a big deal for me.

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I have noticed even better battery life.. The os is only using 5 percent,, before that number was always much higher. The screen percent is also down. It's always at 27 percent for me but now it's at 15 percent.

THE BEAST,,NOTE 3. SIZE IS EVERYTHING!!!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar