Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Screen stops responding

Hi!
    I believe this is a usual problem. The screen does sometimes, mostly while playing games, stop responding to touches. It is solved temporarily simply by locking and unlocking the screen. I had this problem earlier, did a soft reset and was free from it... for a while. Now it is back and more intense than ever, it even happened while I wrote this text. I'm on XXUDMK2 firmware.
    Does anyone know a fix to this or has received a later firmware update that solves it? Please respond if you experience it even if you do not know how to solve it.

Default Re: Screen stops responding

Quote Originally Posted by Note 3 user View Post
    Hi!
    I believe this is a usual problem. The screen does sometimes, mostly while playing games, stop responding to touches. It is solved temporarily simply by locking and unlocking the screen. I had this problem earlier, did a soft reset and was free from it... for a while. Now it is back and more intense than ever, it even happened while I wrote this text. I'm on XXUDMK2 firmware.
    Does anyone know a fix to this or has received a later firmware update that solves it? Please respond if you experience it even if you do not know how to solve it.
    yeah I was trying to turn my slingplayer on then I got a black screen. Only on the opening of the app. never had that during watching a show.
    Maybe a few times I had the screen freezing on me but very seldom.

Try a restart. Maybe something hung up. Haven't had any issues myself but every time something weird happens I reboot and 90% of the time it's fixed.

ATT N3
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

I have tried both restarts and soft resets but it does not seem to help. I am gonna contact Samsung for some guidance and post their reply here if someone happens to need to know what to do with this problem. And I believe the reason why it happens mostly while playing games is that it is caused by the infamous multitouch problem when I have both of my fingers in a parallel line in landscape mode.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

They told me to wait for an update and if the problem persists I should do a hard reset.

Quote Originally Posted by Note 3 user View Post
    I have tried both restarts and soft resets but it does not seem to help. I am gonna contact Samsung for some guidance and post their reply here if someone happens to need to know what to do with this problem. And I believe the reason why it happens mostly while playing games is that it is caused by the infamous multitouch problem when I have both of my fingers in a parallel line in landscape mode.
    there you go...it's a phone not a game player.....lol