Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By jigz2k3
  • 1 Post By Vaughn Turner
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Lock screen clock not updating

Hi Guys and Gals,

I've done a fair lengthy google search on and off over the last few days and I cant seem to find anyone that has the issue, but since the kitkat update my big lock screen clock doesnt update much or at all, sometimes its not visible at all. If I go to bed when I wake up and press the home button the screen lights up but the big clock will say 2350, but the taskbar clock will say 0730 for example.

If the screen goes off, and then I press the home button again the screen will have redrawn to show the correct time. Its a bug, it has a workaround, but its very frustrating.

In the previous minute I managed to get all 3 examples in three presses of the home button, clock 1 minute out, not showing at all and displaying the correct time - in that order.

Lock screen clock not updating-img_3483.jpg
    Lock screen clock not updating-img_3484.jpg
    Lock screen clock not updating-img_3485.jpg

Please help, I'm sure I cant be the only person that this is happening to?!

TIA.

Global Posts
    6,644 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.2 Build 3

Default Re: Lock screen clock not updating

This is a bug. It happened to me as well when I was on the stock ROM. Didn't find any fixes for it so I used DashClock instead

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

For love nor money cannot add dashclock to my lockscreen - my email certificate forces me to set a passcode....

I also have this problem after updating to kit kat. Very annoying please help.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnW78 View Post
    Hi Guys and Gals,

I've done a fair lengthy google search on and off over the last few days and I cant seem to find anyone that has the issue, but since the kitkat update my big lock screen clock doesnt update much or at all, sometimes its not visible at all. If I go to bed when I wake up and press the home button the screen lights up but the big clock will say 2350, but the taskbar clock will say 0730 for example.

If the screen goes off, and then I press the home button again the screen will have redrawn to show the correct time. Its a bug, it has a workaround, but its very frustrating.

In the previous minute I managed to get all 3 examples in three presses of the home button, clock 1 minute out, not showing at all and displaying the correct time - in that order.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3483.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	978.9 KB 
ID:	105214

Name:	IMG_3484.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	974.7 KB 
ID:	105215

Name:	IMG_3485.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	976.2 KB 
ID:	105216

Please help, I'm sure I cant be the only person that this is happening to?!

TIA.

Same here!

Note 3 Stock 4.4.2

My phone replaced my wristwatch long ago and I rely on it.

It's not a minute or two out, the lock screen clock stays where you left off and not sync until you press several time home or power button.

Vey annoying!

I've looked everywhere and all solution have to be rooted.

;-(

Hi all

Did anyone find a solution for this, only happened since KitKat update.

Really annoying, I was almost late for work the other day as i use the lockscreen clock to check the time!

If there is no solution can I remove the clock from the lockscreen? I cant see a way to do that, I've also tried to add dashclock but that doesn't seem to work either, I need Pin Security.

Cant believe that it doesn't show correct time on lockscreen, there is no point in it being there if it wont work,

Please help as I cannot find answers anywhere.

Many thanks in advance

Hey, Might of found a solution on this, I use "Lock Screen Policy" app and I have now disabled this and fingers crossed it seems to be ok now. Are you lot using lockscreen Policy app too by any chance?

browny, thanks for the suggestion but I don't have the screen lock policy app..

I've been searching everywhere and seems no way to fix it without rooting..

my workaround is to install a lockscreen app, so I can look at the accurate clock when needed. To access I have to swipe then enter the original pin lockscreen then unlock

Unfortunately this is like a double lock but better then a wrong clock!

Lock screen clock not updating-img_20140401_155128.jpg

Lock screen clock not updating-img_20140401_155137.jpg

Lock screen clock not updating-img_20140401_155151.jpg
    I'm using "Start Lockscreen", free and pretty good.
    Last edited by NFRen; 04-01-2014 at 07:44 AM.

Found yesterday that 'Multiple Widgets' disappears from the Lock Screen settings when using a Pin lock. Could only add a widget via add widget lock page by changing Pin unlock back to Swipe unlock. Don't know if this is universal but happened on at least 2 Note 3's and a GS3, on 4.3 and 4.4.

This may help some to add a widget.

Chronus has a range of widgets people like.

Via my Note 3 on AC.
    I know nothing.

Exclamation Re: Lock screen clock not updating

I had the exact same issue as you.. it was driving me nuts with the time not updating.. I followed this youtube video and did both recommended fix, and my issue was resolved just like that...

lterry913 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by NFRen View Post
    Same here!

Note 3 Stock 4.4.2

My phone replaced my wristwatch long ago and I rely on it.

It's not a minute or two out, the lock screen clock stays where you left off and not sync until you press several time home or power button.

Vey annoying!

I've looked everywhere and all solution have to be rooted.

;-(
    I have the same problem but I'm rooted. Where did you find other solutions for rooted phones?
    skorpio1975 likes this.

I had the same situation, about a week a go it hit me that the one thing I had not tried was to remove the battery. So I removed the battery, waited the obligatory 30 seconds or so, and put the battery back. While booting the phone said it was updating android apps.

I could not believe it, this fixed the 1-2 second delay in displaying the time issue, which I had since I bought the phone, and it fixed the not updating the clock, which showed up after I upgraded to 4.4.2.

If you haven't already, give it a try, hope it works for you.

Global Posts
    15 Global Posts

I was also having this same problem and I found a solution today.
    The problem is the lock screen widgets (which you cannot use when you have a PIN secure lock anyway)
    Go to Settings > My Device > Lock Screen > Lock Screen Widgets
    The first choice you should have is Favorite Apps or Camera and it should be greyed out and set to ON.
    You have to set that to off.
    The only way I was able to do that was to change my screen lock to swipe, then I could go to lock screen widgets and turn favorite apps or camera to off and then set your screen lock with a pin again.
    (My situation was even more complicated because to get my corporate email, I have to have a pin lock. So I uninstalled my corporate email. Did all the steps above and then reinstalled my corporate email)
    Let me know if this does or does not work for anyone else.
    Last edited by Juanus; 07-05-2014 at 09:18 AM.

This seems to be working for me:

Settings/My Phone (tab)/Lock screen/Lock screen widgets/Dual clock - set it to "Off"