- 2 Posts
Note 3 Making random 3 tone noise!
I have a brand new Note 3 which has started making this annoying 3 tone noise. Sometimes it won't stop till i turn the phone off & other times it will just do it for 30 seconds or more/less, & stop on its own. I just worked out its the same tone as when you hang up from a call. It happens anytime. I could be on a call or just be looking through the phone and it will happen!
I have just had this phone replaced after issues with the last one which was also brand new! I want to avoid sending it back again if there is a way i can solve the problem myself.
I have taken the battery out restarted it but it still happens.
Any help would be appreciated.
- 02-21-2014, 12:09 AM #2
Re: Note 3 Making random 3 tone noise!
Welcome to Android Central! I can't tell you what the tone means, but I remember someone else posting about this, and it seemed to be related to the NFC (Near Field Communication) chip. Try going to Settings>Wireless & Networks, and unchecking NFC. You don't need it on anyway, unless you use your phone to transmit data using a "bump" feature (i.e., bringing your phone into close proximity with another phone or device to transfer info).
- By JSun in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014)Replies: 2Last Post: 02-21-2014, 04:29 PM
- By 1210saad in forum Google Nexus 4Replies: 2Last Post: 02-21-2014, 08:19 AM
- By Nychotxxx in forum Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4Replies: 2Last Post: 02-21-2014, 08:09 AM
- By StuartMcDowell in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 0Last Post: 02-20-2014, 05:58 PM
- By MBrar15 in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 2Replies: 0Last Post: 02-20-2014, 04:19 PM