Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By nilho
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Note 3 phone cases

Anyone bought or know of any good cases? I just got the cyclops from trident on mine. Love the slim case and good protection. Built in screen protector is good, but I have an iloome tempered glass protector on the way. Anyone have the cyclops and think that screen protector might be to thick? Only problem I might be facing is not having enough gap and the thickness of the protector pushing the front of the case up and maybe not letting it close.

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: Note 3 phone cases

i agree with you that the cyclops screen protector is too thick. i used the cyclops for a while and then i changed it to Gearmaxx anti-glare screen protector , it is slim and the quality is very good. it helps me to avoid the scratch and the screen of my Note 3 is just like new. just my opinion and you can have a check first but i think you may like the Gearmaxx product. cheers!
    Lsucrazy likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I should have an iloome tempered glass screen protector here tomorrow. Pretty sure I'll go ahead and use it since the built in screen protector is kinda giving me problems with touch screen accuracy. Hopefully it's not so thick that the case won't snap close.

Global Posts
    37 Global Posts

If you want to know more about cases for your sweet new device have a look at the sticky section, there is a whole thread (40+ pages) dedicated only for finding the right case!
    Thanked by:

I have the zero lemon 10,000 mAh battery with the rugged case and an iloome tempered glass screen protector. The zero lemon case came with a built in screen protector but it was garbage. It made using the phone difficult because I would have to double tap.

Sent from my SM-N900T using AC Forums mobile app
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by tahnir View Post
    If you want to know more about cases for your sweet new device have a look at the sticky section, there is a whole thread (40+ pages) dedicated only for finding the right case!
    Yeah I'm on the phone app and the stickies are separated on another list. Main question I just needed answered was difficulty of snapping a case over the tempered glass. This built in screen protector sucks so bad I have to use swipe or else I constantly mistype and is still annoying

Best case is the Urban Armor Gear. Love it. Works perfectly with my tempered glass screen protector.

-Shawn
    Noting the world one S-Pen at a time

Global Posts
    37 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sforsyth01 View Post
    Best case is the Urban Armor Gear. Love it. Works perfectly with my tempered glass screen protector.

-Shawn
    I'd have to agree on that. Best protection plus it doesn't look as bad as the other cases out there, but if you really considering an uag case you should do the same as the last writer and slap a screen protector on it as otherwise your screen will be scratched at some point. It's the sad truth with an device that has a large screen as ours....

Global Posts
    62 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dragonsamus View Post
    I have the zero lemon 10,000 mAh battery with the rugged case and an iloome tempered glass screen protector. The zero lemon case came with a built in screen protector but it was garbage. It made using the phone difficult because I would have to double tap.

Sent from my SM-N900T using AC Forums mobile app
    How do you like that case/battery?

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
    T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (rooted, stock)
    Follow me on Twitter - @dustrho
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

-Shawn
    I have a trident cyclops case and the pressure causes bubbles in the corners of the screen protector. You don't have this problem with the uag case?

I also got small particles of dust under my protector and its so annoying. I tried getting them out but other ones got in so I said screw it.

Last edited by Lsucrazy; 02-26-2014 at 06:27 AM.

I have the Trident Kraken series for my phone and love it, no problems with the built in screen protector.

Quote Originally Posted by Lsucrazy View Post
    I have a trident cyclops case and the pressure causes bubbles in the corners of the screen protector. You don't have this problem with the uag case?

I also got small particles of dust under my protector and its so annoying. I tried getting them out but other ones got in so I said screw it.

I do not have any issues with the screen protector on the UAG. I have a tempered glass protector but can't see that it would provide any issues with any protector. The UAG does the best job of protection without adding too much bulk.

That said I did try the Spigen Neo Hybrid and absolutely love it too. I will probably use the Spigen for every day use and the UAG for when I'm running or biking etc....

-Shawn
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

I do not have any issues with the screen protector on the UAG. I have a tempered glass protector but can't see that it would provide any issues with any protector. The UAG does the best job of protection without adding too much bulk.

That said I did try the Spigen Neo Hybrid and absolutely love it too. I will probably use the Spigen for every day use and the UAG for when I'm running or biking etc....

-Shawn
    The cyclops is really thin too. I like it alot.

Posted via Verizon Galaxy Note 3

Otterbox Commuter here with a Sir Lancelot's Armor Holy Grail Screen Protector.

Sent from my SM-N9005

I should have an iloome tempered glass screen protector here tomorrow. Pretty sure I'll go ahead and use it since the built in screen protector is kinda giving me problems with touch screen accuracy. Hopefully it's not so thick that the case won't snap close.

I'm using one of these. I have to say that it tends to pick up scratches. I've been using mine for over a month now. It looks pretty scratched up at this point. Better that than the screen though.

PS, I have the 7 version, not the 9 (I think those figures are correct of the top of my head). This is the $15 version, not the $20+ version.

It also had a small scratch right out of the package. Since I needed immediate protection, I put it on my phone hoping that the scratch wouldn't show. I was wrong. When I contacted the company, they wanted me to take it off the phone and mail it to them for verification (the photo that I sent them apparently wasn't good enough). That was a non-starter for me.

This is the last product I'll buy from them.

16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

Quote Originally Posted by teleburst View Post
    I'm using one of these. I have to say that it tends to pick up scratches. I've been using mine for over a month now. It looks pretty scratched up at this point. Better that than the screen though.

PS, I have the 7 version, not the 9 (I think those figures are correct of the top of my head). This is the $15 version, not the $20+ version.

It also had a small scratch right out of the package. Since I needed immediate protection, I put it on my phone hoping that the scratch wouldn't show. I was wrong. When I contacted the company, they wanted me to take it off the phone and mail it to them for verification (the photo that I sent them apparently wasn't good enough). That was a non-starter for me.

This is the last product I'll buy from them.

I contacted them on amazon and they told me to take it off and re-apply it in a steamy bathroom so dust doesn't get under it

I have had my memi temperd glass screen protector on since nearly launch day and it is scratch free.. Does not scratch.

THE BEAST,,NOTE 3. SIZE IS EVERYTHING!!!
    love my evo.

I went with the Samsung S-View Folio case wth a iLoome glass screen protector for now.

Quote Originally Posted by zmann View Post
    I have had my memi temperd glass screen protector on since nearly launch day and it is scratch free.. Does not scratch.

THE BEAST,,NOTE 3. SIZE IS EVERYTHING!!!
    I probably should have popped for the 9H. 7H definitely scratches on the iloome. It scratches just from fingernails I think.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #20  

Quote Originally Posted by teleburst View Post
    I probably should have popped for the 9H. 7H definitely scratches on the iloome. It scratches just from fingernails I think.

The 9h is the tempered glass. It's like adding another layer of gorilla glass to your phone

The 9h is the tempered glass. It's like adding another layer of gorilla glass to your phone

I had Verizon put the glass screen protector on the day I bought it. My work discount made it only 18 bucks and this thing is beast. Keys pens my pocket knife have all shared a pocket with this thing as I am on the go and forget and not a mark on it.

Right now im using bodyguardz tempered glass screen protector with a slim armor view fits perfect love it

i love my seidio surface case its pretty awesome without bulk, usually cool with most screen savers, i want the ledger view case in gray , looks pretty classy

Should have gone for that one. Sometimes penny wise pound foolish. Oh yeah, mine was 8h, not 7h. I guess tempered makes all of the difference. Well, it's an easy fix. I'll pick up a tempered glass protector when I tire of this one. It will be a different brand though since their customer service was disappointing.