1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Angry My Galaxy Note 3 N9005 screen went all black and battery gets really hot

Hi all,

I got my Note 3 about two months ago, was quite nice to use it, but today I took it off the charger and put it in my pocket I think at that point I saw the screen coming up with the usual colorful theme later I wanted to check the news but the screen would not come back on ... put it away for a while and then when touching it again it was unusually warm. It seems to switch off and on from the sound it makes when pressing the on/off button on the side long enough, and the two leds on the bottom of the front are flashing when on... What do ya think? I guess back to dealer...

Are there any known issues with this model like this? Or should i ask for the same model I am safe not to have this again, it is quite concerning mainly the heat part.

Br,
    Endre
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: My Galaxy Note 3 N9005 screen went all black and battery gets really hot

Took battery out...
    Last edited by Endre Ruttkay; 02-23-2014 at 06:04 AM.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: My Galaxy Note 3 N9005 screen went all black and battery gets really hot

Sorry gotta correct myself it is not the battery that is heating up but the top part where the camera and the SIM card is.

ROM
    Stock JB 4.1.2

Was the phone on while charging? If the battery got too hot, the phone will shut down to protect the electronics, laptops do this too. It sounds like the phone was reading the SD card and over heated. Maybe the card reader got stuck in a loop in a corrupted file causing the over heating. I would let the phone cool down, pull the battery for several minutes, reinsert the battery and boot the phone. Check the battery when it's out to make sure it's not bulging (last it flat on the table and spin it, no or little spin is good, fast spin is bad, replace the battery in that case).

Hopefully this will fix the problem. If not there are a few other things to try but this is the easiest to try first. ☺

Sent via The Big, Bad, Beautiful Note 3
    What?!...I'm msndrstood.

Sent via Note 2

Try removing your SD card... Had same issues with mine a while back. Removing the SD card fixed my issues. Just to swap it out with a new one.

Posted via Android Central App
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Thanks very much for the suggestions, 1 problem with the - I had no SD card in it, only the micro SIM.
    Have tried to put battery back after 1 hour off but still black screen, I guess I just got a faulty unit. I am taking it back to Vodafone tomorrow.

I'm having same problem and my battery draining fast. I've had for 1.5 months --