Girls with the Note 3?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fr0gburp3r

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
I'll bet the farm on it!!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

I'll quote this so when a phablet iPhone is release, "IF" one is released, we can get back to you. But I'm pretty sure you'll come up with a lame excuse why people don't choose the larger iPhone.

If everyone wanted a phablet, we wouldn't have people that own GS4's, Nexus 5's, HTC One's, etc.

Connie Litrenta

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
I'll bet the farm on it!!

This may come as a shock to you but it isn't ALWAYS about size. I will NEVER have an iPhone. Partly because of the size but just as much because of their incredibly boring interface. I totally understand that there are obviously a lot of people who don't have a problem with that but saying that non-iphone owners would jump over as soon as iPhone got bigger is a tad crazy. Now if the day ever comes when Apple totally revamps their interface so I'm not looking at row after row of icons with no chance for customization, THEN we can talk. I certainly agree that iPhones are well made and run well. Their eco system is excellent as well but it just isn't enough to compensate for those other things for me. Besides, one of the reasons I really wanted the Note 3 was for the S Pen. Perhaps when Apple jumps into the phablet arena (this year?), then maybe we can "consider" the possibility. MAYBE

anon8126715

Banned
Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
I'm glad we've got a section for the "girls", now someone create a section for the "women" so we men have someone to engage in conversation.... :p

z06mike

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
I'll quote this so when a phablet iPhone is release, "IF" one is released, we can get back to you. But I'm pretty sure you'll come up with a lame excuse why people don't choose the larger iPhone.

If everyone wanted a phablet, we wouldn't have people that own GS4's, Nexus 5's, HTC One's, etc.

If you read my post, you would notice that I said 5"- 6" screens. This would include a phone such as the S4, N5, and One.

IF??? Hahahaha, like there would never be a smaller iPad because it was the perfect size?? WHEN it comes out we can revisit this post.

This may come as a shock to you but it isn't ALWAYS about size. I will NEVER have an iPhone. Partly because of the size but just as much because of their incredibly boring interface. I totally understand that there are obviously a lot of people who don't have a problem with that but saying that non-iphone owners would jump over as soon as iPhone got bigger is a tad crazy. Now if the day ever comes when Apple totally revamps their interface so I'm not looking at row after row of icons with no chance for customization, THEN we can talk. I certainly agree that iPhones are well made and run well. Their eco system is excellent as well but it just isn't enough to compensate for those other things for me. Besides, one of the reasons I really wanted the Note 3 was for the S Pen. Perhaps when Apple jumps into the phablet arena (this year?), then maybe we can "consider" the possibility. MAYBE

I didn't say people would switch over from Android. I am talking about the iPhone owners that say "I will never get an iPhone that is bigger than the 5!!! I can use my phone with one hand." Millions of them will be lined up WHEN it comes out.

Fr0gburp3r

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
Millions of people will line up even if it stays the same size. That's like predicting the sun will set this evening. When are you going to realize not everyone like large phones? Some people like using tablets to meet their larger screen needs. A Nexus 7 can easily fit in a woman's purse or a mans loose fitting jean pocket. Then there are some people, such as myself, who want a large screen and use a 10 inch tablet because a note phone is just too small. From what I understand, the tablet industry may be going to 12 inch tablets.

DS1331

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Millions of people will line up even if it stays the same size. That's like predicting the sun will set this evening. When are you going to realize not everyone like large phones? Some people like using tablets to meet their larger screen needs. A Nexus 7 can easily fit in a woman's purse or a mans loose fitting jean pocket. Then there are some people, such as myself, who want a large screen and use a 10 inch tablet because a note phone is just too small. From what I understand, the tablet industry may be going to 12 inch tablets.

I have a Nexus 7 and there's NO way it can fit in my pockets lol i agree with your other points though

Sent from my XT1058 using AC Forums mobile app

clitrenta

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
So really everyone, the bottom line is some people like big phones and others prefer small ones. Those loyal to iPhone will get it regardless probably. If Apple did come out with a phablet, it would be in addition to their regular size phone because there are absolutely that segment of iPhone users who do not want anything bigger. There is probably that sigment which if faced with getting a bigger iPhone or no iPhone at all, would probably still get it and still others who would leave Apple in search of the small phone they want. There is no right or wrong, no better or worse. It's whatever satisfies your needs/wants. The Note 3 more completely meets my needs and wants than any phone I've had previous to it, including the iPhone and not just because it's bigger.

Weaser999

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
The members who seem to poke fun of smaller phones than your Note 3's sound like you are compensating for something or have an inferiority complex. People like different things. It's not a difficult concept to understand. Jeez!

Na... just easier to read the screen and watch netflix.

taeisme

Trusted Member
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I think that everyone has a preference and thats perfectly fine. I am an Apple Fan Girl, i have Apple everything, i even had an iphone. I changed to Android because i like to customize my phone more than just wallpaper. If Apple came out with an iPhone that was the same size and my N3, I'd still choose Android.

You're just mad because mine is bigger than yours. (Note 3)

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
A lady doesn't have to worry about pocketing a tablet. That's what purses are for.

Is this common place? None of the ladies that I know have a 10"tablet tablet in their purse though several of them have Note 3 's.

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

Fr0gburp3r

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
Is this common place? None of the ladies that I know have a 10"tablet tablet in their purse though several of them have Note 3 's.

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

I see them all the time at my workplace in the break rooms.

Status
Not open for further replies.