1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Gear Pedometer not syncing with S Health.

Hi guys. I did the new firmware update on my gear yesterday and now my S Health does not pick up my Gear. I scanned for the Gear and it does not pick it up at all, even though my Gear is already connected to my Note. Can anyone help?

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: Gear Pedometer not syncing with S Health.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaco Wilters View Post
    Hi guys. I did the new firmware update on my gear yesterday and now my S Health does not pick up my Gear. I scanned for the Gear and it does not pick it up at all, even though my Gear is already connected to my Note. Can anyone help?

I've had a few issues myself with the Samsung Apps acting dumb on the Gear. Just try what I did. It might work. Go into Manage Apps (in settings) on your Note. You can't uninstall it but you CAN uninstall the update. Do that and then do a force close. Then re-install the update to S Health. See if that might do the trick.
    Connie L "Go BIG or Go Home"
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Hi. It does not seem that an update was on done on S Health. The update I am referring to was on my Gear Firmware. There is no option in apps manager to uninstall any update at the moment. I have forced a stop and restarted my Note, no success. Any more ideas?

ROM
    stock

Do you have the option to "Send to S Health" on the drop down menu on the pedometer app on you Gear?

That is what I have to do to get my S Health app on my Note3 to get the pedometer & workout info from the Gear........
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Hi guys, managed to sort the issue out. I had to delete and reconnect my gear. Downside is that I basically had to setup my gear from scratch.

Hi guys, managed to sort the issue out. I had to delete and reconnect my gear. Downside is that I basically had to setup my gear from scratch.

Yah, I was actually going to suggest that. Whenever an app gives you issues like that, you usually end up resetting the Gear. A pain but certainly better than resetting the phone. FYI: there are a few notification types that just won't clear from the Gear. The only way I got rid of them was to reset my Gear. I then just turned off those notifications and hopefully Samsung will fix that in a future update. Which ones I've noticed this from so far? - CNN, Missed Calls, and possibly Hangouts. Also, you can only respond to text messages if you are using the default messaging app on the phone. If you are using ChatOn or Hangouts, there is no way to respond, just read. These are all just annoying little issues that I hope Samsung clears up in the near future because I really like this watch and plan to continue to use it for a long while, especially since I'm not overly crazy about the Gear 2 design.
    Connie L "Go BIG or Go Home"

Guys, i am having the same issue, i have a note 3 and i was assuming that the s health and the gear manager worked properly only on galaxy s5. Did resetting of the gear fit work for s5 or some other samsung phone? I would prefer to not reset the gear in case it is not going to work. Thank you very much!!