Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Is there a way when using the phone & contacts menu to turn the background from White to Black like the rest of the menus?
    I know I've seen youtube video's showing a black phone keyboard!
    Any idea's?
    Thanks! Joe

Via my Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Global Posts
    615 Global Posts

Default Re: White background to Black?

Welcome to AC.

Pretty sure the backgrounds are carrier specific.

The keyboard backgrounds can be changed if using a 3rd party app. One vote for Swiftkey here, but others are very very nice too (Swipe, etc.).

Good suggestion from the previous poster. But I believe the op is speaking about the actual dial pad screen and contact screen. See my screen shot. Yes I agree, it's mostly likely carrier specific. No, you cannot change it at this time. There is another thread that was just posted about the new Galaxy S5 and that having the better known black dialer/contact screen in the updated touch wiz. Will that come to us Note 3 users, we can wish. Sorry.

Palm Treo line > BlackBerry line > Samsung Galaxy S line > NOW the awesome & powerful Samsung Galaxy Note 3! 😆📱😆
    Palm Treo 600/650/700P/Centro/Blackberry Curve 8330/Tour 9630/Bold 9650/HTC EVO 4G/Samsung Galaxy Epic SII Touch 4G/Samsung Galaxy Epic SIII Touch LTE!!!

I would rather the white one you have than the one on my note 3 hopefully an update will come out soon that let's us have the choice. I've tried all the different Dialer & contacts apps but when you get a incoming call ect it will just open the default one so they are a waste of time imo.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using AC Forums mobile app
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails White background to Black?-1393367386319.jpg  

This is my Note 3's dialer.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails White background to Black?-1393368466674.jpg  
    Sent from my T-Mobile Note 4 using AC Forums.

Quote Originally Posted by JordanN9005 View Post
    I would rather the white one you have than the one on my note 3 hopefully an update will come out soon that let's us have the choice. I've tried all the different Dialer & contacts apps but when you get a incoming call ect it will just open the default one so they are a waste of time imo.

Ugh. We can switch then. I prefer the black background. Lol. To each their own. ☺

Palm Treo line > BlackBerry line > Samsung Galaxy S line > NOW the awesome & powerful Samsung Galaxy Note 3! 😆📱😆
    Palm Treo 600/650/700P/Centro/Blackberry Curve 8330/Tour 9630/Bold 9650/HTC EVO 4G/Samsung Galaxy Epic SII Touch 4G/Samsung Galaxy Epic SIII Touch LTE!!!

My Dialer on Fast & Famous Rom.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails White background to Black?-1393370640337.jpg  
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Quote Originally Posted by JordanN9005 View Post

This is the screen I would rather have! How did you get the black with blue numbers screen? I am with Verizon, maybe that's the deal!
    Joe

Hey Joe if your into customising - rooting and flashing roms will expand your options.

This dialer is from the Fast and Famous Rom.

Head over to xda developers for further information.

Posted via Android Central App

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Clifford View Post
    This is the screen I would rather have! How did you get the black with blue numbers screen? I am with Verizon, maybe that's the deal!
    Joe

I think I read somewhere that the US Note 3 has the white dialer and the rest of the world Note 3's have the black with blue numbers I'm not sure though. Mine is the N9005 version (United Kingdom, England)

I prefer the black background over the white. Somewhere I think I was told the white screens tend to hog battery. Not sure how true it is but also I just prefer the darker screen. I was able to at least make this black background happen on text message screens but only in the individual messages. Not on the main screen for messaging. I wanted to also do this for the email background but there is no option to on that part that I can find. Stock phone using Verizon. Not a new ROM, flashing device owner, so I will just have to deal with it for the time being.