White background to Black?

anon8488674

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
Is there a way when using the phone & contacts menu to turn the background from White to Black like the rest of the menus?
I know I've seen youtube video's showing a black phone keyboard!
Any idea's?
Thanks! Joe

Via my Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Last edited:

TheMacs

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to AC.

Pretty sure the backgrounds are carrier specific.

The keyboard backgrounds can be changed if using a 3rd party app. One vote for Swiftkey here, but others are very very nice too (Swipe, etc.).

rivencap

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
Good suggestion from the previous poster. But I believe the op is speaking about the actual dial pad screen and contact screen. See my screen shot. Yes I agree, it's mostly likely carrier specific. No, you cannot change it at this time. There is another thread that was just posted about the new Galaxy S5 and that having the better known black dialer/contact screen in the updated touch wiz. Will that come to us Note 3 users, we can wish. Sorry.

jy2u3epe.jpg

Palm Treo line > BlackBerry line > Samsung Galaxy S line > NOW the awesome & powerful Samsung Galaxy Note 3! 😆📱😆

JordanN9005

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
I would rather the white one you have than the one on my note 3 hopefully an update will come out soon that let's us have the choice. I've tried all the different Dialer & contacts apps but when you get a incoming call ect it will just open the default one so they are a waste of time imo.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using AC Forums mobile app

Attachments

• 1393367386319.jpg
    1393367386319.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 41

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
This is my Note 3's dialer.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

Attachments

• 1393368466674.jpg
    1393368466674.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 37

rivencap

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
I would rather the white one you have than the one on my note 3 hopefully an update will come out soon that let's us have the choice. I've tried all the different Dialer & contacts apps but when you get a incoming call ect it will just open the default one so they are a waste of time imo.

Ugh. We can switch then. I prefer the black background. Lol. To each their own. ☺

Palm Treo line > BlackBerry line > Samsung Galaxy S line > NOW the awesome & powerful Samsung Galaxy Note 3! 😆📱😆

anon8488674

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site

This is the screen I would rather have! How did you get the black with blue numbers screen? I am with Verizon, maybe that's the deal!
Joe

Anon8154066

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
Hey Joe if your into customising - rooting and flashing roms will expand your options.

This dialer is from the Fast and Famous Rom.

Head over to xda developers for further information.

Posted via Android Central App

JordanN9005

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
This is the screen I would rather have! How did you get the black with blue numbers screen? I am with Verizon, maybe that's the deal!
Joe

I think I read somewhere that the US Note 3 has the white dialer and the rest of the world Note 3's have the black with blue numbers I'm not sure though. Mine is the N9005 version (United Kingdom, England)

Ladybell

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
I prefer the black background over the white. Somewhere I think I was told the white screens tend to hog battery. Not sure how true it is but also I just prefer the darker screen. I was able to at least make this black background happen on text message screens but only in the individual messages. Not on the main screen for messaging. I wanted to also do this for the email background but there is no option to on that part that I can find. Stock phone using Verizon. Not a new ROM, flashing device owner, so I will just have to deal with it for the time being.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
armeniomanuel